The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk man. Enjoy the gift as long as you have it, imo. There will come a time when the choice won’t be his.

I think LA is closer than people think. This series should be 2-0 right now. That said, LeBron will continue to decline, and I don’t trust Pelinka to build an adequate roster around him and AD.

I do think there’s a path for him to compete elsewhere. I just don’t see him leaving.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You may not realize but 20 straight posts complaining about refs in a game which Lakers lead the whole way is a bit much.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ll say this as well:

I don’t know if the Lakers are going to break up their core this offseason or not, but if they do, every competitor who doesn’t already have a Jokic defender should be calling LA inquiring about AD. He hasn’t “stopped” Jokic (no one can), but he’s definitely played up to his level and slowed him down.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You may not know how to count, but I had no more than 2 consecutive posts during last night’s game focused on complaining about the refs.

And again, the score has no bearing on anything. The Lakers have led for the vast majority of the series. If you can’t point out bad calls while your team is winning, the refs are being handed a free pass in this series.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bruh I’m not the one who can’t count. Would be more but this is all I could squeeze in with my screenshot

Attached Files:

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s 2 consecutive posts about the refs. The third post is about the crazy volleyball assist Jokic had, which I believe I referenced multiple times and might have even posted a video for. It had nothing to do with the refs or a call. It was just a crazy thing that happened during the game.

Is it the word “consecutive” that’s throwing you off? Is reading comprehension the challenge? Or are you just making uninformed assumptions about what you think certain posts mean?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People on Twitter going on about how the Lakers won because they “let DLo be DLo” and ran the offense through him, rather than trying to turn him into a spot up shooter.

They didn’t “turn him into a spot up shooter” in game 3. He was making stupid mistakes on defense, taking bad shots that he was missing badly, and turning the ball over / setting up turnovers. The offense was running through him, and it was a [uck fay]ing disaster. He was a complete negative in every sense of the word.

When he is doing all of that AND missing open 3’s, he’s unplayable. It’s not JUST about missing the open 3’s or being a spot up shooter.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really not sure how to feel about the current nba playoff officiating. Just watched Kyrie get bodied and then have his arm hit on a layup with no call.

I like allowing more physical play, but hitting a dude’s arm on a layup is a foul every single time.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Westbrook tackled on a layup. Nothing.

I have no idea what constitutes a foul and what doesn’t at this point.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Some of the shit Kyrie does… my goodness…

NashVol11 likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Man, Clippers/Mavs is always so much fun.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is the type of game that makes me wonder how people can prefer college bball. The shot making alone is enough for me.

NashVol11 likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Milwaukee is going to have to go to their G-League team to find players to finish this series.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Also, Portis is an absolute [uck fay]ing moron for doing that act, knowing the roster situation.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Man, Durant has 31 on 11/14 from the field and 2/3 from 3. Booker has 42 on 12/16 from the field and 3/5 from 3.

And then Bradley Beal has 7 points on 3/11 from the field and 1/4 from 3.

Wonder if anyone in Phoenix has any regrets, especially knowing they can't get rid of Beal because he has a no trade clause?

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

NBA GM's are retarded.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jimmy Haslam and Doc Rivers both being involved with the Bucks. That poor franchise.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Name me a coach in pro sports history who has gotten more mileage over one title than Doc Rivers.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tony Dungy?

NashVol11 and InVolNerable like this.