The Official 2014 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League #1

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Jun 19, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got in late, but I hadn't picked yet.

These auto draft grades are kind of rude. You can only draft what is available.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Very prickish.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mine basically said I was retarded for not drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds. In my experience, outside of the elite running backs they are all interchangeable. The elite running backs go in the first 5 picks. Why not get guys who have the potential to be great?

4. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Last years elite top 5 picks included foster, doug martin and cj spiller all busts. Even AP had a down year compared to the previous year. I personally think what you do with the 3rd-6th picks will determine success.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It said I had the best second half of the draft, woopity doo.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I couldn't get in at all, but my team is fine with me, I can def work with it

7. Low Country Vol

Dear Yahoo Fantasy Football Users,

Yesterday evening we encountered an issue with a portion of our Fantasy Football drafts and one of those affected was yours.

We're so sorry for the inconvenience. To fix your league, the Commissioner needs to use the reset draft tool and reschedule your draft date and time. Please note, the new draft time must be at least two hours out from your original draft.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So if you could go ahead and add Manning and Adrian Peterson to my roster, the error will be corrected.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I never got this message. Is it regarding this league?

10. JayVols

Just play as is, imo. It's for bragging rights and talking shit.

And remember, that's coming from the guy that the screw up let auto draft take AJ Green & Brandon effin' Marshall for me as the #12 & #13 overall picks. That's some buuuuullshiiiit right there. I've never drafted a WR before the 5th or 6th round in my life.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

In case all didn't catch the projected finishing order for this league, here it is. This is based on projected points for each teams current starting lineup vs each weekly opponent's current starting lineup. Since everyone will be constantly changing their starting roster, and bye weeks are not taken into consideration, this is an iffy compilation. Make it your goal to prove them wrong, or right as the case may be.

1. Orange Crush (last years champ)
    2. Bruise Brothers (last year's runner-up)
    3. First and Plenty (2012 champ)
    4. Fondled Balls
    5. Camel Tuff Toes (last years third place)
    6. Copperheads
    7. Emain Sucks
    8. Tenny's Pole Vaulter
    9. Marble Eye Marauder
    10. Global Warming
    11. Dixie Chickens
    12. Brian's Boss Team

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not finishing tenth.

13. JayVols

Drafting 2 WRs, not even Calvin Johnson type WRs mind you, in the first 2 rounds says I'm not finishing 9th. More like finishing 13th.....

Out of 12 teams.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I picked WR, QB, WR, because I didn't like the running backs that were left more than those guys. Does me no good to chase positions, might as well get the pick of the litter on other positions.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You and I square off week One, care to share film?

16. JayVols

Sure, but you don't need to worry. My bunch is going to be so bad, they couldn't get a job playing dead in a western.

Also, for the 2nd year in a row, I have the toughest schedule in the league. Randy hates me.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Just like God, I give you no challenge you cannot handle.

18. Low Country Vol

Yes it is.

19. JayVols

Randy,

Just checked my email. I received the same message. Sent Yahoo a response....

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Which was?

Yeah I got it too later today. What does everyone want me to do?