The Official 2014 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League #1

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Jun 19, 2014.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Listening to the experts is what got me so far behind early on.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Mine was just putting too much emphasis on the "Q" next to their name. I don't remember to check Sunday morning, so I usually set my lineup early on. If they're questionable, I tend to sit them.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Wooee, that was a squeaker, went from projected winner to loser and back several times with the projection to lose by .19 points going into Monday night. Won by less than 3. Still alive for the playoffs after starting out in 10th place. Good thing I like a challenge.

In first place in the Jr. Varsity league.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My push for a bye has turned into a fight for a playoff spot.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I believe you are fine. First and Plenty and Brian's team are in, which leaves four spots. You, Camel Turf Toes and Copperheads are 8-5 with me and Emain at 7-6. If all end in a tie at 8-6, Camel TT, Copperheads, you and I would be in on points scored, so you should be in win or lose next week. The question is will you be in third or sixth.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm nervous though because folks have dropped 150 + on me twice, and I don't know that my team can do that anymore with how my running back situation has gotten.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You are weak there for sure, Gore has been disappointing lately, Bell has had some good weeks but is inconsistent. West not very productive either. I got lucky picking up Tre Mason, and Lynch has been solid lately, and my bench is decent.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Please win. I'm trying to go from 1-4 to 10-5, but in case I drop a game, I need DSRR and Bootlegger Bullies to lose.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Did it, hope you do.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Need you to pull out this one IP, my team was the victim of poor management. If you win, I'm still in.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is all up to Aaron Rodgers. He will be my salvation or my doom.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Ironically in another league my opponent has him left and I am 30 points ahead. Need Rodgers to score no more than 29.5 points. Hope that will do it for you. You should be in the playoffs win or lose.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Choked this week but I'm still alive. I'm gonna need some help from whoever INT Specialities is, though

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I certainly blew it. Was in 6th place easy if I either won, or Global Warming won or either Orange Crush lost or if he won, scored around 24 points more than I did. Unbelievably, Orange Crush beat me on the tiebreaker of total points by .20 points. 2/10 of a freaking point, for the entire season. And I benched Edleman who scored 20.5 points and started Torrey Smith who scored 0 points!!! If I had left Edleman in or Smith scored .21, I would have won. DAMN IT!!!!!

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I won. Did my part.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yep! I cannot believe I lost out of the playoffs by 2/10 of a point. I can hope for a stat correction I guess.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That really is incredible.

18. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

That is tough, but they are second to third tier WRs who will explode one week only to lay dormant for the next 2-3 weeks. No reason to second guess yourself. I would have flipped a coin between those guys.

19. InVolNerable

I lost 3 games because I started the wrong QB. I would've been in. I suck at fantasy football.

20. InVolNerable

He also beat you head to head. #tcubaylor