The Official 2014 8th Maxim Fantasy Football League #1

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rbroyles, Jun 19, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm due for some of these asses on my roster to actually meet or exceed projections. A bunch have been underperforming these last 3 weeks, in which I went from 2nd to 4th.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Correction, I missed the playoffs by .30 points not .20. I feel much better now. NOT!

Good luck to those in the playoffs, to those in the consolation bracket; I will take no prisoners.

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

It took a monster night from Matty Ice and JJ to make it happen. It is still too close to call pending any stat corrections. It is most definitely the 2nd wildest finish that I have ever seen though.....Last time I was in a scenario like this, I lost by .02 because of instant replay ruling a WR down 2" from the goal line.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You beat me head to head so you deserve to be in the playoffs. It just irks me that I changed my line-up last minute to start Smith. Drew Brees laying an egg didn't help either.

Really I think the first tie breaker should be head to head results.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

But I'm not sure head to head really means much in FF, given that there is no real interaction between two teams playing.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It just does not feel right to me to beat a team head to head and then have them get the nod in a tiebreaker. Most every sport related tie breaker gives head to head results first importance.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You can set it to be that pre-draft option, I think.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I cannot find where it can be set by commissioners. I did find I can add points to any weekly game total, wuhhhhhahahahahahaha!!! Certainly was tempted.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Began my quest for the coveted title of consolation bracket champ by easily beating the Bye team. Be a little tougher next week.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have flatlined. Aaron Rodgers is overrated and sucks.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yahoo tried to tell you.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still much better than 10th.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not much tougher though.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You may be the winner of the "Overachiever of Yahoo.com Projections Award".

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone pointed out to me that my top two RB draft picks went out for injury. That made me feel a little better, though I was naturally weak there from the start.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Gee, someone must have grabbed the good waiver RBs (cough).

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The down side of starting the season hot was that I was always at the bottom of the waiver line.

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Glad i won the pick 'em competition, because i've trotted out one of the worst fantasy lineups of all time this year.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It happens. If I had to choose FF or pick 'em, I'd choose pick 'em.

But I'd settle for winning anything *sob*

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I couldn't make the ff draft so I don't hold myself responsible