The Official "We Gonna Get Our Asses Kicked by OU" thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Snakes on a Wii, Sep 6, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I've seen plenty of wing T teams that will smash your mouth.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You run the ball 40-50 times a game, you're playing smash mouth football.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume you're applying that to me. If mediocre applied, I'd apply it. It doesn't. He's not a SEC QB or close.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Outside leverage and deep dbs would be 2 of them. We missed on both - badly.

5. GahLee

He's very limited. Seeing the reaction to how he has played so far this year is disturbing.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What's disturbing about saying a guy doesn't have the physical ability to be a good sec qb?

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Quite a bit.

8. JayVols

Do you believe there's offensive plays that can be called to highlight strengths and minimize weaknesses?

Should Peyton be running a read option? Should RG3 run straight 5 step dropback passes?

If you answer those the way I think you will, you'll see scheme is important on offense. Defense is no different.

9. GahLee

Not from this site. Over in idiotville he's playing like a pro.

10. JayVols

It's a modern wishbone. If that ain't smash mouth, nothing is.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You're an idiot if you haven't read enough to conclude that people here are coming to independent conclusions. It apparently just bolsters your unsupportable view that they're better than we're saying and we only think negatively because it's the crowd thing. That's retarded.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh. I don't want to beat him up because at his absolute best he's average. He's played his best football the last 2 weeks.

13. JayVols

Justin time for a Heisman campaign over there?

14. GahLee

It's absurd.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

OV has spoken.

Solid work.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Stanford and MSU haven't had burners at linebacker the past few years, and they've done well against fast teams.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe butch should have OV come in and eat a third stringer to put the fear in our boys.

Guaranteed win vs OU.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I disagree. I've said that Worley made some great throws in the past two games with no real dissent. No one is down on the defense and the opinion on them is mostly, if not all, positive.

Yet, that doesn't change the fact that UT has played teams they are infinitely better than the past two weeks. I can't find the positive about beating up teams UT have better starters at every position (well, at least 90% of positions).

Let's look good against one of these top opponents (heck, why not throughout an entire season?) and win, then you'll see more optimism.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

As long as I get to pick the BBQ sauce.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oklahoma lost a cb in the second quarter with a shoulder injury against Tulsa. They also lost a backup dl to a knee as well