The Other Shoe Dropping?: Sanders (should be) Suing DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anyone can listen to what he said and see you are making shit up. He was specific.

[youtube]Ca-GncBz60M[/youtube]

[youtube]r7fj_n83xZY[/youtube]

[youtube]OQaTkOWKa8o[/youtube]

Obviously I don't think he's a prophet. I think he understands the economy much better than some claim, and the proof is right there. Did you think I was being serious when I called him a prophet and are kind of dim, or were you trying to score cheap points? I assume the latter.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Naw. "Real" conservatives think the debt of past generations is the children's fault.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

link isn't showing up. what did he say?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

link?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The millennial "snowflake" shit isn't my argument. I do not claim this just came about, only that it is reaching a crescendo and millennials are being left with the hot potato.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this differs from the gen Xers how?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's also the factor of growing up in an extremely poor family, and being willing to do anything just to change that situation-- even if mathematically they only gain 10 or 15k in annual salary by accumulating a 100k debt, it would still be a change that would benefit their children and entire quality of life. It's easy to just say "they're dumb," without thinking about where they are coming from and what they could reasonably even know at 18 coming from such a situation.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't have to accumulate $100k in debt to get a degree even with today's inflated tuition rates. or at least if you are willing to work for a living. that's a fallacy.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't have. I don't have to. Others have other circumstances. Maybe they had kids in high school. Maybe they have to support their little siblings or disable parent. It's a messy world with complex situations. We are not all living the same circumstances.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Different crescendo.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

IP what do you thinks going to happen if he can some how pull Iowa? He's pretty much a lock to win NH, so I think that'd make things really interesting.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It gets nasty from the Clinton camp, and she'll double down on women voters in a way that is likely to actually alienate many women under 35. Much like with Obama, an underdog winning Iowa makes this a dog fight til beyond Super Tuesday. And an aspect of this that can't be ignored is just winning a majority of states or even voters won't be enough for Sanders. He has to do so convincingly enough that delegates can't override it. And there is a LOT of delegates who would vote for Clinton even if she were sent to email jail.

It is going to come down to the minority vote. If Sanders continues to close the gap there, he's going to run away with it. I think being a 70 million year old Jewish man from Vermont is going to make that Mitt Romney levels of difficult, even though his actual platform is more palatable and targeted to that demographic than Hillary's.

And let me get cynical. Sanders' base is 18-35 year old white people. Are they going to actually come out and vote in numbers? I don't know. Are the minority supporters actually going to come out and vote for Hillary in the primary? I don't know. We've reached a point in population where white baby boomers can be overrided, but will people outside that group actually turn up?

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Besides lady vol fans I don't get her appeal. I don't think you can attack Sanders just because he has a ****, and turn off a large block of your base.

Plus I think the democratics have an even bigger growing issue than the GOP long term.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's familiar. It sounds like a weird thing to be appealing in Washington or to liberals, but there it is. Another thing you hear is "she's due" or "it's her turn." None of these things make a lick of sense, and the truth is she isn't even that liberal in the modern sense (or old sense) of the word.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys can hate him all you want, but damn is he unflinching. He's getting all sorts of tax/economy questions, and he has no problem saying "ya, I'm going to raise taxes."

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't hate him. He at least seems more honest than the average professional politician.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I just think he's an idiot. He seems well meaning like many slow adults.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's no way to talk to the elementary basketball Brooklyn Borough champion.