The Overwhelming Negativity...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Jul 21, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We lost to a UK team with a converted WR at QB, for our first loss to them since I was in training pants.

I don't have much else to say to this.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2011was inexcusable. Losing JJ should have been a given. He wasn't enrolled all spring and never took anything serious here. It's poor coaching to expect him eligible imo.

He has got some depth back on the dl, but the depth at lb is atrocious.

Flipping Worley and Simms around against usce was terrible.

His time here has been 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

He has the talent to win 9 but I don't think he has the staff, starting with him

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who is the "in" crowd and where the **** do they meet?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yup. Gave me a lot of hope that our troubles were all due to Simms sucking so bad and our freshman OL. 2012 changed my mind.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That game was a big FU to the staff by the players

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Replacing Chaney, even though I think he'll do well with the passing firepower this season, would have given me a lot more hope.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I was wondering the same thing.

And just to prove that I think Berry is wrong: NYY, I hate the Yankees and wish nothing but bad things for them and all their bandwagon fans.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I guess my point is, I have no reason to expect him in his third year with a second staff to get his shit together

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you replace everyone but the wr coach, you burn it down and start over

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Well, to further your point. I hate the bandwagon NYY fans too. And I hate you too.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I actually dislike the Red Sox the most (sorry TT and QP, RIP) so we have that in common.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Okay I like you now. See you at the next "In" meeting.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

To make a comparison, I remember a lot of us were starting to get restless under Cuonzo, especially after getting drilled by C of C. And then they best Florida, and then beat Connecticut, and then almost tripped up UK... and we all came back around.

We're fans. We demand excellence and have short memories. Dooley's last act was his version of a blowout loss to College of Charleston, i.e. losing to UK. Dooley is a 5-0 start away from having Vol fans in adulation again. It's stupid, but true.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There seems to be a big part of each fan base that refuses to read the writing on the wall no matter how big it is. At least he didn't get into the "you must be a miserable and lonely sob in real life" argument. That's my favorite. I follow a team that literally hasn't beaten a team with a winning conference record in 3 seasons, yet I'm constantly told I ignore all the positives of the program and can't be happy. Whaaaa?

NYY likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Outside of the 13 man debacle, 2010 lsu.

NYY likes this.
  16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The original poster has resurrected the same tired and idiotic rhetoric Fulmer supporters were tossing out in 2008. It was moronic then and it is now.
    2. People leaving a place voluntarily, then being banned is an interesting definition of being booted. When the original poster goes back over to the idiot farm where he belongs, he should ask Freak when private messages will be restored.
    3. I'm not sure what level if stupidity it takes to become "exhausted" by reading a free message board where one's presence is voluntary. Stay where you fit in. You'll be less tired.
    4. Since the original poster is busy attempting to act as if the confidence most here have Dooley will fail is ill founded, here's some homework. Find us a D-I head coach who has had a losing record in four of his first five seasons go on to win in a league like the SEC.

17. hatvol96

A "decent coach" who has finished with a losing record in 80% of his seasons.

18. hatvol96

Where's the on field proof of this attention to detail and organization you speak of?

19. hatvol96

Quit trying to suck up to the "in crowd."

NYY likes this.
  20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I am negative because of several things. Yanking Worley at the beginning of the 4th quarter against South Carolina was atrocious coaching. The way the team played against Arkansas was an abomination to all that is right in college football. Though we won, we looked pitiful against Vanderbilt, and Dooley calls timeouts at what seems like the worst possible times. Right after 1st downs for example. The loss to Kentucky sent me to the "I think Dooley really sucks" crowd. The lack of running game, improvement throughout the season (or lack thereof), and a few other factors are why I think he sucks. I am willing to overlook LSU in 2010 because we outplayed them. It was some sort of coaching malpractice at the end of that game, but I am not sure it is Dooley's fault.

Let us come out throwing for 300, running for 125, and the D giving up between 10 to 20 points a game, with a 4-0 start, and I might be willing to say he can get it done, until then, Arkansas and Kentucky keep on coming back to me.