The Sad Truth...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 14, 2015.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Is that Lyle will more than likely be at Tennessee for at least two more years after this one. Dave Hart is too cheap and proud to fire another coach while also admitting that he failed in the hiring process AGAIN. Due to the fact Lyle can line 11 people up on the field, recruit well and not alienate former players will be enough for him to keep his job. In my opinion, we're about to see a few more mediocre 7 win seasons before he's cut loose. The only thing worse than being absolutely terrible is being mediocre. By the time he's cut loose, the recruiting will have probably drifted to the 10-15 range. The job will be attractive, but not the sweetest in the conference.

In my opinion, Tennessee will come out and beat a trashy Florida team (idiotic fan base and AD praises Lyle for ending the streak) and then beat either Georgia or Arkansas at home. After all, Georgia is starting a quarterback that's worse than Nathan Peterman. They'll then get hammered by Alabama and then screw around and lose to either South Carolina or Kentucky. They'll get out schemed AGAIN against Missouri and slop together a two touchdown win over a pathetic Vandy team. They accept a Belk Bowl bid and win a game against some lesser talented ACC team. At this point, Lyle walks out to midfield and does the Neyland pose. With tears in his eyes, he gives an interview to ESPN, uses some cheesy cliché, thanks his seniors for their contributions and talks about how he's already looking forward to team 120. He pulls together his final top 5 recruiting class and everyone gets pumped again for 2016. Repeat 2017 to a lesser extent, then probably 2018, too. At this point, his initial recruiting classes are graduating and the youth excuse finally gets squashed.

Finally, Hart is gone and Jimmy Cheek is in a nursing home and another AD cuts Lyle lose. By this time, LSU and Georgia and maybe even Alabama will be battling with Tennessee for a new coach and get great candidates while Tennessee ends up with a guy that speaks a heavy country accent or has a southern name, but resonates with the fans. During this torturous stretch, all 8th Maxim members pray daily for Blackburn to become AD and for Gruden to come back home, but it never happens because Tennessee hasn't had a positive thing happen in 10 years and more than likely won't for the next 10 years.

Tell me those first two paragraphs aren't likely.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If they beat Florida at Florida, I honestly could give a shit less if they go 2-10.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Then you are part of the problem.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Why? They get fired, and I give Florida fans shit for 12 months. Sounds like a win win to me.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Oh ok. Nm.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's alright, I've slept 4.5 hours the past 48 and worked 24 of them. I might be having trouble articulating.

7. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If they beat Florida, Lyle and Crew will make it out to be Tennessee's biggest accomplishment since 1998. The delusional fans will eat it up, too.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm just wondering where these threads were before the season started.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The kool aid sucks coming back up.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All it takes is losing a 17 point lead in the 4th

11. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

They weren't needed at that point. Butch had a clean slate to come in and show us progress, and instead showed us his pucker factor when given a lead at home.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't like the Butch hire. I was going to give him 2 seasons before giving my opinion of him.

He hired DeBord and lost any good will with me.

Here's why:

Butch, after taking the job, made Vonn Bell priority number 1. He worked his ass off and still lost him.

After that, he changed his pitch and who he spent his time with. It worked and he's pulled in two top 5 classes.

Now, when Bajakian left, Butch had the opportunity to go and change what wasn't working. Instead, he hired a guy who had been out of football for a few years.

What failed Saturday? The same thing that Butch could have changed this off season. He didn't, because he chose to be comfortable. The result is people are pissed and want a change.

If you can't or won't surround yourself with good coaches, you can't coach in the SEC. He missed his chance and I don't think he'll get a shot to correct it.

He continues to choke when the pressure gets turned up.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Butch has an idea of what he wants the offense to look like and he's not going to hire anyone who isn't going to make it look that way. It sucks but that's just the way it is.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Didn't need them until this last show of gross incompetence

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Because most were reserving wholesale judgment, until some big win or calamitous abortion occurred.

The third trimester decapitation was Saturday.

Besides, you'd be the same one [itch bay]ing about these threads if they had occurred pre-season, so pick a lane.

16. GahLee

You consider what I said to be [itch bay]ing?

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I am pretty sure Florida's defense, along with their fans, will have our offense on the ropes all four quarters. Sadly, our offense is only good for two of the four. I think we come home with another loss.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Preseason is the time for optimism and hope.

Then the cold reality of the season sets in and you have to face the truth. As a long time Cubs fan, I know how to do the preseason/season shuffle!

19. GahLee

He will be in a world of hurt if they Lose to Florida.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I fear that your prognostication will be accurate. Teams will put 8 in the box and have 11 within 15 yards of the LOS. Unless we show we can extend the game past 20 yards down field, we will not move the ball for shit against any competent coaching staff with a modicum of talent on defense.