The Sad Truth...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 14, 2015.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

This was my fear; and based on what I saw Saturday it has become my expectation. We aren't going to out-coach anyone. The east is awful, and this season was tee'd up perfectly for a decent coach at Tennessee to run the division.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

His career here may very well rest on DeBord, I saw some things to be really excited about from our defense, we've got some studs and there more in reserve that I think will start to show out as the season progresses but you can't call games like DeBord did and be a good team. Our passing game has to improve dramatically.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This DeBoard hire is going to kill Butch Jones.

Kill. Him.

He had way, way, way, WAAAAAAAAYYY too many people with way, way, WAAAAAAAYYY too much skin in the game who flat-out warned him against it.

Rarely does a coach get such a strong warning, ignore it, have that specific decision bite him directly in the ass, and survive.

4. GahLee

That's fair, until proven otherwise is probably the safe play.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Western Carolina, North Texas, Vanderbilt and South Carolina are wins.

The rest, I'm not sure about.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I legitimately don't know this story. Someone fill me in.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

debo may influence Jones to run more but don't lose sight that the play calling is Jones, not debo

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think it's a question. It does rest on DeBord.

I disliked hiring him, but I did like the fact it put everything in Butch's lap.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You could have followed this one in the media.

Forget winning the presser, the DeBoard hire lost the impromptu notice to the big boosters.

10. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I would not count out losses to Vandy or SC if this team starts 2-5.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well then our big boosters should act like the rich and powerful men that they are and fix it.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the same thought process that hires debord is the one that kicks 17 yard field goals and that's why he won't get it done

13. GahLee

I can buy that.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You have not been following this board then. There has always been skepticism and doubts along with hopes of being wrong.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is no reason he does not beat USC, Arky, Vandy, Florida, UK, and UGA. The SEC East is ripe for the taking.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

North Texas has won here before... Granted... Our face masks were grey, Neyland had artificial turf and the players wore tear away jerseys but there IS precedent....

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

coaching?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The problems is that our boosters are all a bunch of babies that want their own way and have not sense of solidarity. Why we have Butch in the first place.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What did you think about the play calling on the second to last drive when a first down would have won the game; dive up the middle, dive up the middle, pass short of the first down?

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

And to add, still paying for past error in judgment