The Sad Truth...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 14, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Based upon decisions so far not to use the talent he has recruited; Yes.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not counting the SC game as a win. If this is Spurriers last year, which is likely, he will pour every last ounce that he has left in the tank to leave Knoxville with a win.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And who knows what mental shape our kids will be in by that point in the season if the wheels are coming off.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Les Miles beats Oklahoma handily.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They just lost their starting QB, this may turn out to be a blessing because he is horrible but if he beat out whoever is the back-up it could very well mean they are about to win 4 games this year.

6. NorrisAlan

Of course he does, and without a doubt. He is the Mad Hatter for a reason, and there is no ****ing way he kicks that field goal.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Orth, a former walk on

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only thing I'm expecting is for those teams to quit on lame duck coaches.

Then, uninspired talented team beats uninspired less talented team

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He actually fakes it, LSU fumbles it away, then strip it from the Oklahoma player giving him 4 more chances.

10. NorrisAlan

JG gets it.

11. GahLee

I think USC is on the verge of completely going down the shitter on a rocket ship.

12. GahLee

It's funny because it's true.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What the hell man, it's been two years since I told you you had six months to live. You trying to make me look bad, *******?

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Flat-out telling Jones "No" on the DeBoard hire would have poisoned the coaching well for years to come, as typically happens when anyone overrides the head coaches final decision-making ability. But it came about as close as you'll ever see it, here.

The blowback was so immense, of such intensity and went public so quickly, as to cause the announcement to be delayed by several days.

Jones pulled a lot of favors with the media, went on a barn-storming campaign with the boosters, and had to "sell" the hire in several directions, to get it done. That alone should tell you how closely tied he is to Deboard's success / failure. It's almost as closely tied as Hart's tenure is tied to Jones'.

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Which pisses me off more than anything. The 2016 team will be Tennessee's most talented team in 15 years and this fool will win 7-8 games and make "progress." Assuming no transfers, major injuries, etc., next season's team should be a top five talent.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I just didn't know the boosters level of involvement in the whole saga.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they need to sit butch down and say you are gone unless you completely give up control of the offense.

18. GahLee

And hand it over to who exactly?

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Azzani, duh. He's a really good coach.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The man he hired to run the offense.