The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

China didn't buy any US soy in November, for the first time in a long time. And it isn't like they aren't eating soy. They've replaced the US market share with other sources. That's bad for US farming.

JayVols likes this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It’s incredible how coordinated they can be. They aren’t buying anything from the US. I’m not sure it’s sustainable but the trade balance is not looking great at the moment.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The US economy is a herd of cats. the Chinese economy is like an RTS video game. They have so much control.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Who knew trade wars were so complicated?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's still no real negative economic news. it's bizarre. the momentum traders are happy i'm sure.

6. JayVols

I think Mnuchin calling banks trying to reassure them that Trump wasn't going to fire Powell exposed even more uncertainty. It was a stabilizing attempt, but just injected more chaos by even having to address the topic.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah trump shutting up would help things considerably

Ssmiff and JayVols like this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Lot of beans didn’t get cut down here due to the weather, what did get cut isn’t getting much of a price.

There is a chance it could even out, with the Chinese finding they are in a shortage.

justingroves likes this.
  9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

As we’ve always said, he has no idea how to get out of his own way.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And the deer hunting has been fun

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Guy that owns my place lost more than a thousand acres of beans to the hurricane. Ouch.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The guys that farm our lease, and have forever (also they are on our lease), follow beans with wheat.

They didn’t get beans out, and didn’t get wheat down. So we may be short on wheat too.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Decent rebound day.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I rolls with droski

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Watching the stock market will drive you mad. I choose to just be ignorant as much as I can .

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Don't try too hard

17. JayVols

My Roth is happy.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I just pump money into mutual funds and don’t ever touch it after. I choose to believe that by the time I retire, I’ll have more than I put in.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I find it entertaining. Plus, I've got to have a decent heads up with clients.

I basically have the same philosophy as invol even if at times I want to try to game it, I eventually come back to my senses.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You are a professional, same as Droski. I am a layman, and it is better for me to ignore it as much as possible.