The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you watched SNL for the first time in a long time, because Elon Musk hosted, that probably says more about you as a person than it does about SNL.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The only time I've watched it is when Betty White hosted. What does that say about me?

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You like dry [ussy pay]

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. CardinalVol

Fair.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It's been awful for many years. People who think it's good are same ones who think Trevor Noah has ever said anything funny.

GahLee likes this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Must be a real [itch bay] going through life without a sense of humor.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda think the stuff we all remember from back in the day probably isn’t a high % of the total and it probably hasn’t ever been as funny as we think

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They do some good skits, they do some bad skits and Weekend Update is still pretty funny. So basically the same as its always been.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have watched most of the entire run of the show thanks to streaming. It has always been hit and miss, and very dependent on one or two cast members at a time. Guests are also important. Politicians are not funny guests. Athletes usually are not either. Elon Musk is not a professional entertainer, so he isn't going to be very useful or inspiring to write skits with.

It is what it is.

10. Ssmiff

You think Noah is funny?

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I watch Weekend update the next day on YouTube, because I think Michael Che is hilarious. I don't watch the skits.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you can’t fight the fundamentals forever. Eventually a stock that owns a bunch of movie theaters in a bunch of dead retail centers is going to stop trading above where it was before a global pandemic no matter how many unemployed surfers buy it.

13. Ssmiff

UBS talking about offering crypto to clients. Guess they grew tired of fighting it and watching investors choose volatile crypto over stocks

14. CardinalVol

IIRS, way back when when I did watch regularly (1130pm start time has more to do with me not watching it that anything), the first 45 minutes to an hour would be funny and the last 30 to 45 would not be.

Bill Clinton at McDonalds and Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham will still send tears of laughter down my face.

15. Ssmiff

Jesse was great. "The question is moot". And Michael Myers with the leash attached to the swingset. Weekend updates were good unless Sandler did his singing stuff. Jim Carrey skits were usually good, but I liked him back In Living Color days. Jeopardy. SNL had some good stuff

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the problem is crypto isn't traded over a regulated exchange. so all the options are through proxy now and aren't tracking anything properly. i doubt the sec will allow them to offer it directly unless they established a new exchange.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are hundreds or more cryptocurrencies, and some are outright pump and dump scams. I don't mean etherium, dogecoin, bitcoin, etc. I mean some that come and go within months because they were specifically designed and marketed to pump and dump. To say it isn't regulated is almost an understatement, as it isn't much difference than turning down into an alley and sitting down to a game of dice with some hobos.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. just another get rich scheme. I already have one client that had her identity hacked because her son was trying to buy crypto.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you cannot use the crytpo currency to buy stuff with, what use is it? Other than a secure way to send cash and launder money?