The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

These are problems integrating vehicles into current traffic, as in, driving along side humans, and bad roadway engineering and drainage (standing water and active construction).

Planning, concrete barriers, drainage, liberal use of one way roads, automated only one way roads, and none of these are active problems, anymore.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Today the error rate is far in humans favor for things like I outlined. Can we have FSD? I won’t say no. But it’s not around the corner.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

This person, who I admit I read frequently, is making the argument that bitcoin is not actually worth anything and is simply a bubble which cannot last because the value is dependent on continued mining which will continue to slow and eventually end.

4. fl0at_

I didn't think that was an argument, I thought that was just... "knowledge."

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You would be surprised how aggressively some deny this. Let's take DCS. Are your DCS modules actually worth anything once you have purchased them, other than what you personally value them as in terms of enjoyment? Well, no. Duh. Some can understand this with software or digital media, but for some reason don't think it is true for bitcoin or NFT's. Don't know why.

6. fl0at_

Of course my DCS modules are worth something, silly. I can unsafely start a cold F-16, take off from the taxi way, avoid all patterns and navigation, comms and strategy, and head straight into a gun fight, spamming 120s at everything, before heading back to any airport and immediately landing, or just ejecting.

And if the day ever comes when America needs that skill set, at exactly 1.2 Gs max tolerance, I will be there to answer that call. On weekends, after the kid is asleep, and the wife wants to read in bed.

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

VolDad likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bad day for cryptocurrencies.

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Been more than a day. 2 at the minimum.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We can tell them (I was told this when I was 18), but they are not going to do it. But, yes, they should still be told it, so that when they turn 30, the y go "Hmmm...".

I would think most have heard this by now, but maybe not.

14. fl0at_

If I had $100 a month in high school/college, that I could just put away, I would have clearly been doing something very right. As it were...

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I didn’t learn jack shit about finances besides playing a 10,000 buy stock game that didn’t teach us anything but was a time killer.

we do a horrible job of teaching financial literacy in this country and you either have to get lucky and have someone in your life to teach it to you or be naturally interested in it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the bad information on the internet isn’t helping either. Conspiracy theories are rampant

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, on all manner of topics.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

mans those that fall for it will pay a price for their education.

we have way too many institutions that are broken or just totally failed, which is leading to the conspiracy stuff.

19. CardinalVol

The inside the Roth IRA part, pre 2000, was forward thinking.

20. CardinalVol

Tax avoidance strategies on tik tok are hysterically cringeworthy.