The synopsis of the day for me...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2016.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Happened before the game was ever kicked off. It's obvious that this staff was outmanned. It's obvious that our depth is clearly outmanned. It's clear at many positions we are outmanned by Alabama. But it doesn't have to be this way.

The biggest light bulb moment for me happened by watching an elderly UT fan... probably 75-80ish... basically being dragged up the Gate 10 ramp by what appeared to be his son and his grandson. He would walk about 10 steps... pause for a few seconds and then attack the ramp 10 more steps at a time. Not going to pretend to lie... it broke my damn heart to watch it.

But then, it pissed me the **** off. This place is special. This university and its football program means a helluva lot to a lot of people. And we sit around and justify employing less than the best. Nick Saban is most likely the greatest college coach to ever put a whistle around his neck. What he has done with scholarship limits is unheard of.

Alabama went out and made an investment. They paid an inordinate amount of money, and have made it back and thensome. Quit making excuses. Quit justifying mediocre results that sometimes has a bit of flare. Quit allowing ourselves to think UT can't have the same amount of success. And for the love of God... quit deifying average Joe's because of their alleged love of a university paying them a metric shit ton of money.

Long story short, our ***** ass administrators, and whiny ass boosters have jilted fans like that man being drug to his seats to watch UT play Bama in October.

It's not acceptable. And it's gone on too long.

**** you, Butch.
    **** you, Hart.
    **** you, Cheek.
    **** you, Boosters.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It's sad to think what type of embarassment it will take to wake up the people that can actually get things done. As if the Dooley years and 49-10 in year 4 isn't enough, what is?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I love you, man.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, but who we gon' git?

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well said NY. I am pinning all my hopes in the new AD hire for a change and a demand for greatness. That may be a naive outlook, but that's all I've got.

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Well said.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Well said. Also some of the boosters want to win and want the best for the program. We do have a few big time idiots though.

8. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I hear Les Miles is available.

But seriously, back up the Brinks truck to a guy like Herman

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Until the masses demand excellence... it doesn't matter who is the AD, Chancellor, President... or Easter Bunny.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How about going and getting an ex Superbowl winning coach that actually wants to be here. Wish we could find one...

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

They never have and likely won't.

12. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Bill Cowher? :cool:

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes we do. But they can't put their own ego aside for what would be best for the school they pledge allegiance and resources to. That makes them no better, and actually far worse than the average fan who clamors about "our coach loves UT."

All their bickering does is make us Texas-East.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

**** that. Go get someone who has won at places on par with UT. Not someone who has to raise his level of coaching here.

We are the University of Tennessee dammit. We aren't a training ground to better steps.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very good point. Michigan was finally able to do it and look where they are now.

16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

When have we ever done that? It's not what Tennessee does.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Look at these four programs:

Kentucky basketball
    Alabama football
    Michigan football
    Ohio State football

They have all went out and got the best coach available at the time and look at the results.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UT (whoever that includes) is fine with a tshirt salesman as long as he can keep selling them. Jones has been successful at lowering the bar to what he can manage and everyone that matters is fine with that as long as he is a + on the revenue side. Bama got tired of average and did something about it. To this point TN seems fine with it.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Johnny ****ing Majors.

20. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I'm talking anytime recently. Majors was a long time ago. And other than '76 he wasn't very good.