The synopsis of the day for me...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's consistently great. I will miss watching him when he's gone. He whipped a future top 15 draft pick at LT

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That was all Hart.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Well he's still here and so is his guy.

I want to believe something good is going to happen. But Butch is going to be here and who knows how long Gruden would even be available. Or if we would even be able to close this time around.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He does realize that he could've retired and gone down as the best AD of all time at UT if he would've pulled this off, doesn't he?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But he and cheek also wouldn't have been in charge after signing gruden. They weren't going to give that kind of power away and are more than happy with how it's worked out.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thats an obvious no.

The other obvious note is that UT is fine with 2nd or 3rd fiddle in the SEC. That goes from Hart on up.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This all day long. And until some big time changes and improvements are made the next hire will be no different.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is legit dumb and actually thinks he is a good AD.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He is legit dumb. The boosters are too. They let Tyndall happen and didn't can the idiot.

10. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I don't have kids, but have considered going golfing every Saturday for the rest of the fall. Put a radio in the bag. If it is an old enough transistor model, I can even pretend it is John and Bill and that UT is winning.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't think the boosters care.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They let the crooked Haslam sons have a say and that's stupid.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

But they are football experts. Just look at the Browns.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just doubt that. Did he stir the pot and. Hold support. Probably. But he would have been neutered had everyone walked away. Did he no take the Haslam's plane to talk to Butch? It seemed several key boosters got cold feet late in the game.

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You really can't make this shit up.

16. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

WTF are these idiots thinking. You would have to double Neyland's capacity if Gruden would have been hired.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He took the Haslam's plane to talk to Charlie Strong. He drove up to meet Butch halfway to Cincinnati in the middle of the night after the Athletic Department Christmas party. It sounds like after the Strong deal fell through (and several other people publicly telling us "no" that Hart basically contacted to help them negotiate raises) he was about to lose the boosters completely and then he hired Butch before anything could really happen to go against his will. Not shockingly, an awful AD's fifth choice hasn't dominated the best conference in football.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And merchandise, if the AD thinks they're selling a lot of shirts and hats with butch, I'm more than confident Gruden would beat him in that too. Just for example, I'd be willing to bet people would buy more "Chuckie" Tennessee shirts than a ****ing brick by brick shirt.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I keep hearing about the youth and injuries on yesterday's offensive line. Good coaches make adjustments. Deborb knew all week what he had going into the game yet he insisted on running the same dumb shit that hasn't worked for his best offensive line.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I watched Debord yesterday through binoculars in the stadium during the 2nd quarter...

On our 3 and out series, his mouth didn't move one bit. He's not calling plays. He's not giving much input.

This shit is all Butch.