The synopsis of the day for me...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

At the game yesterday,I sat next to a former Vol and former NFL linemen. We had a very good discussion about our Offensive line, its coaching and offensive play calling. Not all former Vols are happy about our situation and the rumbles are getting louder.

2. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

That's good to hear

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Good.

On a completely separate topic, OV would you consider writing more stories of your playing days? I reread the blog on Brad Watts the other day, I love hearing/reading stuff like that.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I got to relive a bunch of them this weekend!

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'd assume the volume would be like cicadas at this point.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That's good to hear.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Tell him your 'rasslin' night story.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

9. JayVols

Not to beat a dead horse, but Colton Jumper sucked more than usual yesterday. That takes effort.

When our DEs turned a run back inside to pursuit, no LB EVER showed. It was damn pathetic. They weren't even near the area code of the rusher.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Partially because they spread us out and we would not get out of our 2 high look and had to have a backer out on the slot. Which is otherworldly stupid when you only have 2 MLBs on the field anyway.

11. JayVols

I'll take your word on it. I trust your evaluations, as you should know. The cruise people lied to me & every other UT fan when they said the game would be shown in their sports bar. I had to watch on my phone with their non-streaming rated internet package. Was very pixilated at times.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

LB play still sucked. We just also put them in a bad spot at times.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Keep the good news coming OV

14. JayVols

I did see the one where Hurts ran a long TD after Jumper told the other LB to bump to the same side of the center he was lined up on. WE. DIDN'T. HAVE. A. LB. ON. THE. OFFENSIVE. RIGHT. SIDE. OF. THE. FORMATION.

Guess where they ran it.

15. JayVols

Yes. Please.

That's all we have right now in terms of hope for someone better.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You should send them some extra cash. Sounds like they treated you right.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

using 2 when one blows and the other has never started before is the dumbestcrap I can imagine.

18. JayVols

They heard it from me and about 50 others. Trust me. Of course, that produced notta dang thing. I just felt a bit better.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I might could buy it if we had an Eric Berry caliber safety that was better than most LBs in run support, but we don't.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lord works in mysterious ways. Wouldn't be good if you had an anger induced heart attack out at sea.