The Trump Effect

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If true then my bad. It wasn't the impression I received when reading through material today.

Unvetted or unvetted disinformation?

I just saw the piece from Clapper where he stated emphatically that they didn't use it when building out their intelligence perspective.

2. TennTradition

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-intelligence-report/index.html

This article doesn't leave that impression in the least.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

CNN has egg on their face on this. They are trying to make their coverage of this seem reasonable.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...jects-dossier-alleged-russia-dealings-n705586

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I also think that this was a genius move by the CIA to leak this. I am guessing that Trump will not want to appear chummy with Russia going forward.

If it did happen to be true -I don't believe it- then Russia no longer has the leverage they had.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

6. TennTradition

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not pleased with foreign agents meddling. I stand by that.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, if these allegations turn out to be fabricated by him, he should be sued.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Internet forum 4chan insisted his site was the origin of the fictional salacious story about Donald Trump reported by BuzzFeed. The “golden showers” Ritz-Carlton scene in the 35-page dossier allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer was “fan-fiction” concocted by a 4Chan member on Nov. 1 in an attempt, ultimately, to discredit the left.
    “We expected some garbage outfit like BuzzFeed to pick it up, or maybe the New York Times. We didn’t expect government entities to take interest in our fan-fiction,”

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;1mBKVCNEW1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mBKVCNEW1o[/video]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think only some people are dismissing CNN. The ones who can't seem to follow the story

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would rather watch Butch Jones and [ddiapos] go bareback while spit-roasting the wife, than CNN.

It's a complete non-entity to me.

I wouldn't watch CNN if they resurrected JFK.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That they are the trumpian's idea of a nemesis is very fitting.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's no BBC or NPR, but has solid components. Simply limit to the good bits.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, Obamacare repeal headed to committees.

I'm just going to say, whil I fully support gutting it, if/when they do it, I hope they have a well-thought out and sensible something to replace it with.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't tell you the last time I watched CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc. other than it being on somewhere in public where I was.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

AC is the only thing I watch with any frequency. I listen to NPR more than anything else. Shocking, I'm sure.

18. TennTradition

So was the golden showers bit in Steele's dossier or just include in the briefing packet as an example of fake news?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was sloppy coming and will be sloppy going. The irony of repealing this flawed law will be the pain of doing so may be worse than the pain from passing it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently HGTV got great ratings during the election.