The United States Open Golf Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jun 11, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

True. it's a shock that Westwood hasn't won one yet.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Luckily for me, one of the ones I forgot about was Webb Simpson at +8500. Put a whopping $.50 on him to make $42.50. lol

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not all of them make a ton of money.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was an entertaining back 9, which was all i was hoping for. Really thought graeme would cause a playoff.

Kind of weird how it played out though. After being solid for 63, heck 69 holes, furyk just choked away a forced playoff.

5. CardinalVol

Speaking of which, whatever happened to jason...grey? Is he still on nationwide?

6. hallowed_hill

Almost all pga touring pros do. 100 guys made seven figures and 267 guys made six figures, in winnings alone, on tour last year.

I've known guys who are scraping by on the lower tours, and that can be a grind.

7. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

stumble to a championship sunday. weird day.

8. hallowed_hill

Back-to-back 68's on the weekend was hardly stumbling to a championship.

9. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I meant the field more than the eventual winner

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

68-68 on a weekend at the U.S. Open is legit. Especially in a cardigan.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Good showing, top 10 with a chance to win until that putt from off the green came back at him.

I still like the big, lumbering galoot.

12. hallowed_hill

I hear ya. Simpson played great down the stretch. He hit the shots when no one else was.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought McDowell played pretty well.

I'm still shocked that Furyk hit that snap hook into the trees and then followed it up by fanning a 4i into the bunker on 17. Very rattled looking play from a guy that doesn't get rattled.

14. hallowed_hill

That was the one that really cost him. Not a hard shot for those guys.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

a 4 iron that far below your feet under the most intense heat is a damn tough shot, especially after a couple disasters. People will always talk about the tee shot at 16 and that 4 iron, but his wedges on the last 3 holes were absolutely horrendous. Those are inexcusable.

16. CardinalVol

Let's just face it. He played it great for 69 holes and then completely fell apart.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The over the top job on 18 was by far worse in the grand scheme than the tee ball on 16. I also wonder if being told to speed up didn't mess with his brain a bit. He's historically slow, but getting told to speed up coming off 15 is bad timing if anything else.

18. hallowed_hill

The wedges were bad, but getting down in 3 from 222 was a much higher percentage play than up and down with a wedge on 16&18. No one was getting it close on 18.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

what? The yacked left wedge on 18 was freaking horrendous. Coming up short on 16 was equally poor. Clanked 4 irons happen a helluva lot more than pros missing two greens with sand wedges.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If 16 played 620 Furyk hits driver and doesn't snap it into oblivion like he did the 3 metal and we may have a Monday playoff.