The United States Open Golf Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hallowed_hill, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Ernie :rolleyes:

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I forgot what thread this was in that I said that. Honestly came to search for it. I, obviously as I've said before, am a big Ernie fan. I'm tickled he won it, especially considering Scott's caddie selection. Hated to see him Van de Velde it down the stretch, but when you have a guy shooting under par on Sunday like Big Easy did it makes the choke job a bit easier to swallow from the outside.

Still am shocked he put it together for four days. Pretty mild weather, but even in bad weather Ernie had a shot. Ball-striking has never been the issue with the flop-eared bastage. It's the flat stick. Glad it held up.

And in closing, once again, suck it Tiger. You're still the greatest of my generation and arguably ever. But I still hate you.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't really think he won it as much as Scott gave it away. Still impressive either way.

I really like Scott but there was no way I wanted to hear Stevie Williams run his mouth.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Scott choking played its part. But that putt on 18 is what winning majors is all about.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did they even show Els on TV coverage before #15 today.

I turned out of after Scott birdied 14. Looked at my wife and said ballgame. Oops.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not very much. Was too busy showing inside of Eldrick's colon.

7. cotton

You win how you win. I can't find much fault in a guy who birdied 18 in the final round of a major to card a final round 68 and beat the rest of the field by 4 strokes. My quick glance at the leaderboard shows that he is the only player not to shoot on the wrong side of 70.

Scott tripped over the last 4 holes, but Ernie looked like he won it to me.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I counted at least 10 guys who shot under 70.

There was a discussion on TV about the difference between wining one and having the other guy lose one. That's what made me bring it up. I don't find fault in the way Ernie won. Happens a lot. I did like how the first thing he did was express his condolences to Scott.

I thought ESPN killed the broadcast with te cameras, graphics, etc. However, Zinger, Rinaldi and Reilly killed me.

9. cotton

All 4 rounds?