The WNBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NashVol11, Jul 23, 2023.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

WBB did this too. Not sure why they put the court where they did, but I guess it means at least some people on the sides get a view

2. NashVol11

Aces are the first repeat champions since 2002. Went to G4 last night which was one of the games of the year; A'ja Wilson is a ridiculous finisher and will go down as one of the best to ever do it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is unproductive and damaging to women, and I don't like it. And yet I think I would watch.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Would be a slaughter. And like you say, damaging, but not as damaging as telling all these girls out there that you can compete with men, it is just men holding you down.

Biology matters. Would be like me telling my sons "You could carry a baby to term if it weren't for the women. You don't have a womb, but still, women."

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s levels to this shit. We’re not all the same and equal.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Better - boys team wins and the WNBA has to shut down.

Indy likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This sounds like a compelling Space Jam 3 plot.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NashVol gonna be big mad.

9. NashVol11

I haven't seen anyone say this about basketball, just a lot of people saying "don't forget, young boys would beat them" at every turn. Clay says that's "important" for some unknown reason

IP likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You must be too young to remember the "the lady Vols could beat the men's team" people in the 90s

11. NashVol11

I tried to stay away from the crazier Lady Vol fans until the team came back down to Earth lol

12. NashVol11

My thing is I just don't get why it has to be the intro and outro to every women's sporting event, haha. We don't start games at Neyland with "By the way, this team would lose to the Arizona Cardinals 348-0." Like just leave them alone lol, we (other than the "women can beat the men" people) can coexist peacefully

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As long as there are insecure jerk offs like Clay Travis, there will be these conversations.

IP and NashVol11 like this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Isn’t he talking about it from an entertainment value perspective?

The Vols aren’t on the same level as an NFL team, but they’re still an elite level of athlete and uniquely entertaining.

Your example would probably make a little more sense with a D2 or D3 team, but nobody is pushing hard to put those teams on TV… because no one really cares to watch them… because the talent level and entertainment value is lower.

15. NashVol11

No, he’s talking about who would win. This is a long way of saying yes, there are teams that would absolutely obliterate CFB teams too but we let that go because we like CFB.

Can’t wait for Caitlin Clark to continue doing extremely fun things just to hear afterward about how a blind third grader would whoop her ass

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I practiced with Summits team for a year then was able to guard jennifer Azzi as she was gearing up for the Olympics. It was enjoyable not having a long 6’3 athletic pg to guard and guarding, and pretty easy.

17. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I’ll never forget Mickey Dearstone having a meltdown on the radio because someone said Skylar Mcbee would beat Candace Parker one and one. Just unintentionally hilarious radio.

IP likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd forgotten about Dearstone. He was unbearable.

NorrisAlan and SetVol13 like this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite Dearstone moment was when he was blasting somebody for failing a drug test and the next caller called in and asked him about his son.

justingroves and IP like this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See, Candace would whip his ass one on one all day long

SetVol13 likes this.