The WNBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NashVol11, Jul 23, 2023.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

This was bananas.

2. NashVol11

Also, A'ja Wilson is incredible (as is her 21-2 team).

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

4. NashVol11

Misogyny from the jump let’s goooo

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

TIL misogyny means disliking bad basketball.

Apparently, I was misogynistic towards Tennessee basketball when Wade Houston was the coach.

6. NashVol11

Glad you learned something. You can dislike the WNBA without applauding JiDion's intentional trolling clownery which, yes, is obviously misogynistic (or, hey, you could dislike it and leave it alone entirely)

IP likes this.
  7. NashVol11

Any high school or college sport is bad ________, I don't see the same push to go into some college sports thread here or HS football thread on VN just to remind people that "hey this is bad football" every other post lol, wonder why.

Hell, people do the exact opposite instead and try to tell me that college football is "better than the NFL" despite 100x worse quality of play

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He brought pj's and a sleeping cap court-side.

NashVol11 likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the wnba sucks because the best women basketball players aren’t nearly as good at basketball as male players quite a few levels below the best.

Also, I would imagine the reasons people like college football more are not based on level of play compared to the NFL. I don’t really see the WNBA providing other intangibles to overcome its lesser level of play.

if all this is misogynistic, guilty I guess.

10. NashVol11

CFB players aren't nearly as good as CFL or XFL players nowhere near the best. But throw in a marching band and a few chants and all the concerns about "bad football/basketball" just magically and hypocritically vanish

11. JohnnyQuickkick

If you’re going to be this idiotic there’s no sense in continuing further

justingroves likes this.
  12. NashVol11

Who here is surprised he has no response? People set aside their fake "bad _____" concerns all the time, it's what this site is built around

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I gave my response, you disregarded it and reduced it to “chants and marching bands” and hypocrisy. So eat shit.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think it's kind of disrespectful to the women, even if I don't watch the WNBA myself. They work hard to provide a service for the audience and are sweating, putting forth effort at their craft, only to have some performative actor mock you on the sidelines by napping across some court side chairs. If you don't like it, fine, don't show up. But, to go to their place of work and make them the object of your mockery is worthy of a boot, in my opinion.

NashVol11 likes this.
  15. NashVol11

"Bad quality," which isn't any different from CFB, and "other intangibles," which is largely school spirit junk. Sorry if you wanted me to call it "very meaningful school spirit junk" instead but you don't appear to have a point beyond that, which leaves you where it leaves you. What happened to "if I'm a misogynist/hypocrite then oh well"?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Emotional. Connection. But you’re apparently a robot.

17. NashVol11

Any sport can have emotion and connection if you're a fan of it, so yes, "very meaningful school spirit junk". If the early years of CFB were people spamming "this is bad football, what a joke" in every single discussion then that emotion and connection wouldn't exist either

18. NashVol11

2x MVP Candace Parker out for a while, thankfully we don't have any connection to her

19. JohnnyQuickkick

The sport sucks. Sorry.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. NashVol11

This will age well. Why are you here, then?