The WNBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NashVol11, Jul 23, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You are not paying enough attention. The Oilers need to go back to [uck fay]ing Texas.

NYY, SetVol13, InVolNerable and 3 others like this.
  2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Lol hard to miss the Titans hate for sure.

Not directed at you but just generally, I think there is more of an urge for people to say "hey I don't watch/follow this but I'm going to clown it anyway" for WBB than for other sports like MLS, college baseball, college lacrosse, etc. and I like all of those too.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think it is the result of a lot of the female athletes that just are obnoxious about how they deserve the same money and attention and the quality just isn't the same as the other sports I watch. Bill Burr really says it all.

I want them to have a league to play in, but not expect to be at the same pay level as a league that brings in billions a year.

4. NashVol11

All valid points. That may be primarily soccer though; I’m not sure WNBA players have even asked for equal pay, other than some suggestions that 25% of league revenue is a small number.
    https://justwomenssports.com/reads/wnba-basketball-kelsey-plum-revenue-sharing-pay-gap/

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

MLS is way more comparable to any other soccer league than the WNBA is to the NBA. It’s also apples to oysters vs the minor league baseball system

6. NashVol11

NBA and WNBA are both the highest level for their respective gender and MLS is nowhere close to that. Why does the WNBA need to be “comparable to the NBA” which is biologically impossible?

Sounds like you don’t watch the Women’s World Cup either, I take it; would have guessed otherwise.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

As to relative levels of play. MLS dudes are a lot closer to EPL dudes than women are to men.

I do not. I hate women.

8. NashVol11

Fair for MLS, but a WNBA team would get blown out by an NBA team 100-2 just like Tennessee would get blown out by an NFL team by a GT-Cumberland score or the Tennessee baseball team would get blown out by the Amarillo Sod Poodles. Only one comes with concerns about "relative levels of play", though I know for you a lot of that is the intangibles you mentioned

9. JohnnyQuickkick

A WNBA team would probably get beat 100-2 by the Tennessee state high school champs too.

College football is just different, man. It plays a different instrument in the band.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I went to a ton of college baseball games when I was at Tennessee and kept up with it the best I could once I graduated

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Me too. I didn’t go much once it went into the toilet

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my fraternity backed up to it so we were on a hill watching every game and giving the right fielder hell. When you live out of town and have kids doing stuff, it’s hard to make it over for a baseball game, especially for an average team.

13. NashVol11

New-look NY Liberty superteam up to 19-6. Still not as dominant as Vegas, but get another shot at them next Sunday with no Candace Parker for Vegas. Going to try to make it to one of these NY-Vegas matchups.

14. NashVol11

15. NashVol11

Pretty wild for a 40-minute game

16. NashVol11

The world champion Aces have gotten smoked by the Liberty twice now. At this rate Breanna Stewart is going to take the MVP back from A'ja Wilson

17. Ssmiff

Remember when I said I’d take women’s volleyball. I’m not the only one. More people here than a wnba game. More action. Better overall athletes.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. NashVol11

Made it to Liberty-Aces on Monday and loved it; to be honest, it was better-presented and more fun than the Nets and Islanders games I’ve been to at Barclays. Big win for NY and the mascot can really dance lol

19. NashVol11

If you went into the NBA thread and started talking about how men's volleyball has "more action" and "better overall athletes" I think we all know how that would go lol

20. Ssmiff

NBA players are arguably the best athletes in the world. Wnba players aren’t. Though Right now if I had a men’s Stanford v Ucla and nba game on, I’m watching the match