POLITICS Theresa May out as PM.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, May 24, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

attorneys for doctors, hospital, med and pharma companies are a big part of the problem. The malpractice insurance cost for instance for the UT orthopaedic surgeon is probably 150k a year. Third party administrators doing billing increase costs as well. Insurance companies will use a TPAs, who in turn add anywhere from 10% to 100% to the cost of the price or service, simply due to convenience. Then they complain about high cost, when the decision maker just paid $10,000 for a service thru a TPA, which would have been 5k if billed directly.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So the way I see it, here are their choices for their post Brexit border situation:

1. Border between Ireland and Northern Ireland
    2. Border between UK and the island of Ireland
    3. Agree to a deal which “mitigates” Brexit and undoubtedly upsets some of the party

So what’s the best option for conservatives here?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The UK conservative election continues today, but it basically seems like a forgone conclusion that Boris Johnson will win.

I believe all but one of the candidates promise to renegotiate the deal which doesn’t even seem to be an option at this point.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Trump just likes his hair. Lets call it like it is.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird, yet another NATO power with a leader elected by a minority of the vote.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes, any result you don't like is crooked and weird despite the fact that it happened under the same rules that have existed for several hundred years.

Remember the last time I said you used bumper sticker slogans in place of actual thought? See above.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I don't remember. I'm not surprised you have no concern, though.

9. cotton

So let me follow your logic-- a guy elected by the MAJORITY party mainly to enact the result of a PUBLIC REFERENDUM to leave the EU is weird because a minority elected him?

Do you see why I think you are stupid?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a pretty good handle on what you tend to find stupid and am comforted to be within that realm.

11. cotton

Hey, you're only there because you do things like find it "weird" that a country would choose a leader that would do things like follow the path set out by public referendum.

I've said before that you are either dishonest or dumb. I'm beginning to think nobody could be that dishonest.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

smart and honest cotton, why does the "majority party" lead a minority government? How is that possible? Why does his party hold less than half the seats?

My stupid interpretation is that a minority of the UK voters voted for him. that he is in power due to a multiple party system. I will wait for your smart and honest vision of how he is in fact of a majority and that this minority government he now leads is like not in fact a minority government.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You don’t like any electoral system that produces personally oppositional or objectionable outcomes, even despite the dual facts that it’s not only working perfectly according to its intended aim, and which a majority (at a minimum, as even a super-majority was sometimes required) did approve, but also the same path which is still available to amend or abolish it, altogether.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you support Brexit; after all the majority voted for it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm pointing out a fact. you do not like it.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care, I'm an American. I do think a measure of such permanence and importance, were I directly impacted, might deserve more than a yea/nea public vote on a vague description of the deal that would follow.

But hey, that's the UK's business. let's watch what happens.

VolDad likes this.
  17. cotton

Smart and honest
    Do you really not see the blatant hypocrisy in bashing the "minority" leader while discounting the referendum, or of throwing out "I'm an American and don't care" on an issue you started?

Seriously, man, there is something wrong with you.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

worse, I don't even see the bash, the discounting, or me starting the issue. It's like you've got a little IP living in your head rent-free.

19. cotton

This interpretation would also leave one to wonder at your mental capacity. I don't like you and think you are dumb. There is ample evidence for why right here.

And as for starting the issue, I thought it was you that posted this little piece of idiocy:

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's what I said, and that isn't what you described. Also weird.