Third Saturday in October Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 15, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was that in garbage time with simpson though? Could have been all second string

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Simpson started at least one game

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USF nearly beat Alabama, that's the only game Simpson played in

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think ND transfer Buckner (?) got the first half (or maybe 1 and 1/2 quarters), Simpson got the second half. They were using USF to prove that their backups were garbage, which mission accomplished. And yeah, it was super low scoring with Bama trailing for some of it, so I doubt the second string saw time.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well shit, we have a real shot.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They almost lost Arkansas at home. We have more than a puncher's chance. But their defense is legit, and our road woes are painful, so I am not expecting it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I expect this to be an old fashioned slobberknocker. The boys better not let me down.

justingroves likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was a 7 point game with under a minute left in the game, so definitely not garbage time.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SP tell me VJ, are you at Signal Mountain Middle or High School?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, their defense is just okay

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has played a lot more physical on both sides than Alabama this year

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like I am getting punked. Between the chatter about TAMU being the better team and guys like Finebaum acting like we have little to no chance, Milroe's comment yesterday... are we sneaking up on them?!

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We have chance. As long as we don't do stupid stuff, play scared and the refs are equally shitty (we know they will be shitty).

I don't think I have seen us get held as much with no calls by opposing OL and CB. Maybe I have just not paid attention.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If we don’t shit our pants as we run out of the tunnel in a hostile atmosphere we have a real good chance this week. I just don’t know if we have the mental toughness based on Florida and recent history.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Which bamboozles me. I don't know why our road games have been that way (especially lately) under Heupel. He doesn't seem like the kind of dude that would have his team so wound up that they couldn't function.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The SC one I’ll chalk up to WTF. And Georgia was just the best damn team in the land.

I don’t know that games with Joe Milton in charge count tbh

A-Smith likes this.
  17. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

Baylor

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pearce is held pretty much every time he isn't pressuring the qb

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama is just a name right now, they aren't the badass Alabama we are used to

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We killed ourselves in the first half against Florida. Second half was actually decent, but the refs wouldn't let the comeback happen. If we can avoid the super slow/terrible start, it should be a good game.

Although it also kind of feels like one of those games were both teams are struggling coming in, but one of them figures it out during the game. Would love it if that was us and something just "clicks."

Tar Volon and IP like this.