Third Saturday in October Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 15, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree completely

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Don’t forget who the USF coach is and how that may play into our favor. I have a feeling he will give Heupel a few tips/pointers going into this game.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Starting to get amped.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Buddy, I am feeling it.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I hate to be the bad guy but this is not going to be a good football game. Our road problems are really going to show up.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Booooo

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is going to be ugly but I think the defense keeps Tennessee im it long enough for the running backs to break a few

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we are going to get Bama's best defensive performance of the year. This game has been circled for them since last year after we beat them. I think they are going to clobber Milton early and often.

Tar Volon likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

38-17 L

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bama scored 40 on Mississippi state, 26 on tamu, and 24 or less against everyone else.

28 points could win this game. The vols have struggled in the red zone this year but if that gets cleaned up, Vols can roll.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is pretty much dead on what I think the score will be.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think the qb runs for other teams have been there all Year and bama will exploit. I also don’t thing Jeudy lally can keep up on deep balls with bama wrs when we go man.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Ok…here goes…

Milton is extremely limited. Like some realists I both accepted his limitations yet hoped he would somehow turn it around. I did not, however, expect Keyton to get the dropsies. Nor did I see McCoy getting hurt. Thornton is a bust. Can’t help but think he was dumped. So our “throw game” sucks ass. I mean that in the most literal sense possible. I mean it to the point of believing Gaston Moore would perform significantly better than Joe. So if Nico isn’t clicking for real then I would play Gaston. Joe is a great guy and I won’t lament if he throws for 400.

The defense is better but prone to missed tackles in KEY moments.

Our OL are collective choke artists. False starts and unnecessary holds. The refs are clearly on the take too.

Our offensive play calling vacillates between stubborn and WTF.

Now our RBs collectively are playing very well. Our defense has spots.

But, thus far I am incredibly disappointed in how shitty our offense is. It’s just ASS. Every good play that isn’t a TD is followed by dumbassery.

I will stay butt hurt over UF no matter what we accomplish.

Having said that, Bama isn’t great. And even a B- game by us could win. I will start Saturday with hope because…I’m a Vol. But I expect us to choke in every single phase of the game. Our RBs might get 125 but Joe will have -60 yards in sacks. We will pass with Joe for less than 125. Our defense will play 55 plays great. But 12 terrible. Big ass busts.

There is no way Joe and the receivers play great 100% of the time in practices. So I think we blew it gambling on Joe. We whiffed on Thornton. It is what it is. But we get corn-holed…hard. Next year’s schedule will make a rebound tough.

Bama - 34
    Vols - 6

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen but we’re gonna have to help them out a lot for them to hit 34

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am inclined to agree with TDVol1989 (minus the most literal possible sense of sucking ass of course.) Something like 30-13

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

Bama cannot earn 34. But I fear a total choke job which means some turnovers.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anilingus is in the playbook.

19. TDVol1989

You know Initial Public, it just seems we have taken a step back in coaching IQ and receivers and MORE than I thought at QB. Our defense has moments when you think this is getting there. And i think our defense is better than last year. It’s just our offense is a tragic disappointment to me. And it’s kind of like the officials are disappointed too. We are literally playing the most official loving team in the SEC on the road. Oh, we suck on the road in games that matter. LSU blah blah blah.

Point is, our road performance, excessive offensive line penalties, poor QB play, and inexplicable regression at receiver + the reality that Bama underperforming the week before playing us means nothing = I think we get run. It might be a defensive battle early. 13-6 at the 1/2. Then…collapse.

Of course this is Saban’s weakest team since his first year. I just think we screwed the pooch betting on Joe. If I’m wrong, I am fine with it. 5-1 is 5-1. Just not feeling it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand everything you are saying. Luckily, college football can be unpredictable

TDVol1989 likes this.