Third Saturday in October Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 15, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When you are playing 11 vs 17 on the field, it makes it that much harder

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Heupel has completely shit his pants this 3rd quarter.

3. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

I was close. 34-20

once again my celebrity crush turns it over to put the game out of reach.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Losing to bama sucks. Period. End-of-story.

Just when I think SEC refs can't get any worse, they do. It really pizzes me off.

I forget who posted something like "Milton is a fantastic athlete trying to play quarterback, but he's not a natural at the position." Kudos.

I tend to agree with this.

It seems, to me, that Joe just does not have the football IQ or game awareness or decision making ability or whatever you call it for QBs to go with his physical/athletic ability/potential.

My first reaction was to think ... was Golesh that much better than Hazle and/or Heuple? Now I wonder if Milton's in-game decision making inability has made me think that.

I also think Heuple has decided to play the long game, take his lumps and honor whatever arrangement he has with Nico and his family relative to playing/starting this year. My impression is, Heuple is a competitor and wants to win more than anything. But he also respects the players and wants them to succeed and will not sacrifice their development or his "agreement" with them.

Re: But what-about "Gaston"? I can only assume that his combo score of physical skills + football IQ + locker room leadership is still in Milton's favor from the coach's perspective.

It does not make me feel any better and is probably a cop-out, but I shudder to think where we would be if Butch or the Gump were still here.

[uck fay] Bama and double [uck fay] SEC refs.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You can't let Milton throw in the red zone

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think the only one who brought up Gaston Moore was the least serious poster on this or possibly any Vol boards.