Third Saturday in October Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hope our defense feasts tomorrow. I'm ready...GO VOLS!

10SEvols likes this.
  2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Must not have daughters that watched Disney as little ones

3. TDVol1989

These posts on social media showing last years Bama highlights…I just don’t think there has ever been a more satisfying game for me. And I have seen some good ones. Sugar Vols, Miracle in South Bend, natty vs FSU. The only game in the same league as 2022 Bama is 2001 UF. I just can’t be any more grateful than I am for Hooker and Hyatt. That game was just a show. And not a blowout either. Bryce Young was at the VERY top of his game.

I wish I could relive that game. Whatever happens this year won’t change how gratifying last year was. And it wasn’t just winning. The big moments, both big plays and haymakers. Look, none of us thought we would win after the Fum-6. But we did.

I know. I don’t think we have a shot in hell of winning…but I hope we do. But what I hope even more is to take a top program’s punches and continue to spit blood, or puke, and just keep coming. My Mount Rushmore of Vol games includes Vols/Bama 22.

I freaking bleed Orange

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No kids, but I have a Disney-obsessed wife

5. TDVol1989

Does she like Beauty and the Beast?

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Yes. I got it. I chose not to acknowledge it.

IP likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dixieland Delight is a song about Tennessee.

The bear said Neyland taught him everything he knew.

That is all.

MaconVol, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And fcuk bama! We know it's implied but sometimes it's just nice to hear it. Oh and...GO VOLS!

Poppa T likes this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Saban saying something like “if the LT gets on an island with James Pearce we are in trouble” is some high praise

Volgrad98, SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

I’d like to put Saban on a literal island

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Something people don't realize is we almost lost Pearce to the portal. Garner saved us big there.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The crispness of outside this morning could not feel more like October. Today, all in the world makes sense. Go Vols. Beat Alabama

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just let a halfway decent deer walk so I can get home in time to watch this game, please don't disappoint me

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I thought I was supposed to be watching the SEC network this a.m. It seems to be more like the Tide network.

So after throwing up in my mouth, I switched to ESPN GameDay and it is Meeshigan and Ohio with some Franklin mixed in. Gag me with a spoon.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Roman Harper can kiss my azz.

VolDad likes this.
  18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Haven’t read the whole thread so don’t know if this has been posted yet, but I don’t give a damn…

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do not think that he can say two sentences without one being, "I played at Alabama."

Poppa T likes this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And if they didn't run the footnote saying Pawl graduated from UT, you would think he was a bammer.