This is not a good football team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 9, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm really not sure why all of a sudden there's been a shift. It's the same old stuff from Butch.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Year 5. That's why. Thus is all his team. All of it. Any issue is ultimately under his influence. No depth at linebacker? Why? QB play not good? Dormady is a junior.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's been pretty much his team for a long time. One thing he did extremely well was turn the roster over quickly. He got most of the Dooley rubbish out by the end of year 2.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yeah, he signed a ton of players the first two years. Got his share of good talent as well. Hasn't done shit with it.

5. GahLee

Any excuse he uses now is a hard sell. That ship has sailed.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

QB play so far has been extremely sub par. I really thought Dormady would look a lot better in his first couple starts.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

New OL and missing his 2 sr wrs. Making sure true freshmen run the right route also leads to hesitation. He is fine, as long as he steps up in the pocket. He's had some bad throws and misreads but any college or pro game you see the same.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I get the new wide receiver argument. But there have been some dreadful throws mixed in.

The interception on Saturday he threw was awful.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The OL is the same personnel except for Trey Smith

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch evidently said in his press conference that they've always lined up that far off the ball.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

butch should be fired on the tarmac if he loses this game.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"we've always been stupid"

congrats butch. great job.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought you were lying, so i looked it up.

Flarda -5.5

I'm embarrassed.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He did. Guy is a complete idiot. Scratch that, as that is an insult to idiots.

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It's everyone on here educating the masses and pointing out his flaws... Its finally sunk in.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Roberson at center is new. Dormady has had different starting LT and RTs in 2 games. And a badass new freshman along with a supposedly quit the team Jack Jones. I'm just saying continuity helps and lack of it hinders progress.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At five years, even the old guard that believes in giving a coach a fair chance will have decided that he's had his. That bunch that thinks firing after a year or two shouldn't happen also have memories that remind them that Tennessee is a historically significant team that not only can be relevant nationally but should be.

At least that's what I tell myself to make me feel a little better about the situation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have been proselytizing to anyone that will listen (and even if they don't want to listen) ever since the Oklahoma implosion.

19. GahLee

He's insane.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Gruden on MNF just said "Man, I do love the Vols."