This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So Heup and company are paying the price for 5 more years?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

"During the 2023-24 academic year, Tennessee shall forgo the purchase of advertising with all football postseason broadcasts in which it is a participant."

Tennessee legislature should get involved on this one. This is an overreach.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Seems a bit much, but my guess is we won't fight.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fight it all the way. It won't get worse, may as well fight.

warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  5. CardinalVol

Also assume there's a lot of implied "we know Fulmer, this the AD, was in on this" in the punishments too.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Should have just committed academic fraud, would have gotten nothing but a wag of the finger.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It’s basically 12 over 5 years because Tennessee already self-imposed 16 the last two years.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And a reminder, this is all over like $1500 or something silly. This world is just Bassakwards in so many ways you just end up shaking your head with a sly grin everyday wondering if you are the crazy one. Nothing makes sense anymore.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, this is my thought too. It's not like they are going to add penalties if they send the lawyers after them. Give 'em hell.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, I would fight this until the NCAA is dissolved. I would never enact it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Obviously it makes sense to fight for as good an outcome as possible, but we shouldn't be too upset with this, right?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s time to move on.

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. Meh. I'm not saying the punishment fits the crime, but at the end of the day, this is little more than a slap on the wrist. It's a win. Take it and move forward. There is nothing in the punishments that should be a major hurdle to our future success.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I mean this without even a hint of comedy or exaggeration, if I were Danny White my directive to my #2 handling communication would be the Logan Roy, "Tell them to f**k off".

They are overreaching and will do so as far as they can now that we are in NIL times and they are on the run.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

60k=8mil fine? They mst be using mafia math. F the ncaa.

IP and A-Smith like this.
  17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We aren’t exactly a recruiting powerhouse. This stuff isn’t insignificant. Also [uck fay] the fine.

IP likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I personally believe it is a moral imperative to tell these morons to [uck fay] right off. I am tired of getting punched around while North Carolina and others basically go Scot free.

warhammer, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  19. CardinalVol

School has already said they were ok with paying whatever fine they were hit with.

Scholarships/recruiting might be a but much for my liking, but I'm not going to argue.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The added scholarship reduction seems gratuitous. However, putting this to bed so that Kirby and Beamer and then can't use the impending sanctions to neg-recruit against us is probably worth it.

Tar Volon likes this.