This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Drag your feet and sue, sue, sue to get what you want if the NCAA tries to pull something funny on us. The University of Tennessee is not the one who just got castrated 9-0 by the United States Supreme Court.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We nuked our own program. What do they want? If Heupel was doing bad I bet they wouldn't be trying to pile on.

IP, TDVol1989 and ole_orange like this.
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There’s no way we are taking their bullshit without forcing the NCAA to embark on an existentially threatening fight to their existence as they know it now. They best tread lightly. At least that’s the mentality and message I’m sending if I’m Randy Boyd.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Perhaps may be the three parties throwing each person under the bus.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pruitt might be bankrupt after this. We have a war chest to take this on and drag it out how we see fit.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lol. You guys remember the total dollar amount?
    Ridiculous

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m the grand scheme of things, it was equivalent of $6

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not too stressed yet, but get the feeling out issues may be with the other 2 and not the NCAA itself.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It really is infuriating knowing how little we were willing to spend on cheating compared to everyone else in the SEC that was beating our brains in at the time.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Makes you wonder if we should’ve just paid Pruitt the buyout to begin with.

ole_orange and A-Smith like this.
  12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Fair. But that’s a precedent that needs to be unset. Pretty sure Dr Danny is the best possible AD for this and Boyd has the balls. If only the SEC office would join in. So many others have gotten away with much more that ACTUALLY put them in a more competitive position…I say fall on your sword. Threaten to nuke em all.

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A *small* inkling of me actually feels somewhat bad for Pruitt. It’s not like he was caught covering up systemic endorsed generational child rape or anything. Essentially being banished from the entire sport for a good chunk of the remaining years left he has to earn a living as a college coach over all this seems a tad extreme imo. He was just really dumb as a head coach-both on and off the field-and forced our hand into making a bold business decision. It can be a nasty industry.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In the age of NIL, could a third party who has a deal with a player potentially sue the NCAA for loss of revenue if there is a postseason ban or anything else that might impact their return on investment? I'd probably argue that it's frivolous regardless, but I wouldn't cry if some deep pocketed boosters tried to bankrupt the NCAA.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned about this as well.

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The only reason I somewhat feel bad for him is that he wasn’t all bad. He genuinely has his players backs no matter what, that’s pretty damn rare and I respect it.

But you nailed it. Dumb. That’s all it is really, just a dumber than shit sand mountain redneck that can coach defense. He never had any business being an SEC head coach.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ned Stark was not all bad and had the backs of his family, friends and subjects. But he was dumb and greatly sucked at playing the game within Kings Landing. Ended up having his head lopped off for his failed efforts and shortcomings ultimately. He had no business stepping into the arena of Iron Throne politics and should have remained where he was best served as being the Warden of the North in Winterfell.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

No, he's from Alabama.

InVolNerable, zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Can’t forget his Blue Raider roots. But yes, generally speaking the hell with Gumps. Sneaky sneaky folks who can’t be trusted with diddly. Just look at the damage both he and Dave “Roll Tide” Shart caused us. Probably on purpose too, bastards.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I have no idea what any of this means or is in reference to but I’ll take your word for it lol.