Tigers vs. Tiguahs

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Life Pro Tip (for those like me, who can’t remember names or faces):
    If you meet a guy that you recognize, but have forgotten his name, just say, “What’s up, Big [penis]!” as you shake his hand and smile.

You will never, ever be corrected, and despite not remembering his name, you’ve just made a new BFFL.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I was surprised at how many bad balls Lawrence threw, tbh - but that’s the result of constant pressure.

Both QB’s looked uncomfortable / had happy feet for long stretches last night.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Immobility at QB on that miami team makes the difference for me. Lsu only seemed to be challenged defensively with qbs who can run.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

really amazing how folks are still right even when absolutely wrong. Someone should share this with their bookie and get a refund.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fair. I do get your point.

I just think if they play 10 times they hit over 70 the vast majority. That first half was the truth about the teams.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Lawrence was trying to do too much. Not that it matters. LSU wasn’t going to lose that even if he had been perfect.

7. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Would’ve loved to seen 01 vols play that Miami team.

justingroves likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

I don't know if we win, but we'd gave them a game.

justingroves and chavisut like this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It would have been over 70 without the bad interference call on Clemson, though.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

someone tell Vegas. throw it all out. Controversial call. Never had such controversy before.

If that call was controversial, so are some of the previous ones on LSU. One in particular comes to mind on a third down where the defender had a hand on the back of the shoulder of the receiver as they ran, then jumped in front. that level of contact occurs on every play.

11. CardinalVol

All of this just reinforces why I don't gamble.

12. CardinalVol

Side note - I may ban Dr. Pepper in my house for a month just because how awful Bigfan was.

VolDad likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Same.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gambling, like Fantasy Sports, ruins the whole experience of being a fan for me. It is no longer about the game, but about the spread or what yards Dude McDude ran for.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't enjoy fantasy football at all.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wait, this was in doubt? that whole run of ads was idiotic

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Some of them are good. I really liked the one where the kid cheers for State and the father doesn't realize it isn't his kid.

chavisut likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's not the point. You suggested it was highly unlikely the threshold would've been reached as both teams would have had to collapse. I noted they were a bad call from reaching the over/under early in the 4th quarter. There was also a missed LSU field goal and an easy dropped TD for the Tigers. All I'm saying was it was more unlikely for them not to get 70 than otherwise.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

monopoly money imo

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

can't I just as easily point out that each play in itself is a series of events that could unfold any number of ways, and thus pointing to a particular call or play as the "almost!" requires ignoring every other play that was not an almost?

LSU could have just as easily gone to the ground and shortened the game in the second half. Or Barrow could have gone out with an injury after the second quarter.

But we get one game. and in that game, I correctly decided it was unlikely that the two teams together would average over 35 pts. period. because neither of them suck at defense.