Time to put away the excuses

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Bray and company went down 21-10 at UGA two years ago after the first quarter. In fact, it got worse at 27-10.

Such a shoddy memory a lot of you have here.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Absolutely.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

And proceeded to give up another 24 points. They gave up 51 points that game, the defense is clearly better right now. Several of the freshmen on this team would not be here if Dooley were still coaching I believe they lose this game big.

4. Those who say the light isn't getting closer are simply not paying attention or are intent on being unhappy. This team is much improved. Not perfect, but any Dooley era comparisons just make you look very dumb.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

4 maybe. Will let you know.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And Butch's teams going toe-to-toe with good teams. LSU doubled us up in yardage in 2010 but went -4 in turnovers. We were lucky as hell to be close. South Carolina outgained us by 50 and was -2 in turnovers. UGA outgained us by 30 last year and was +1 in turnovers. They outgained us by 35 this year and were even in turnovers.

This is nothing like Dooley's first two years. Nothing.

7. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Can you not read? Dooley's team was down more points than today's squad and fought just as "valiantly" only to end up with the same results. The "hypothetical" scenario you just described actually happened, and it didn't end anywhere near your delusional opinion claimed it would.

This losing closely nonsense isn't new.

8. Tar Volon

The 2012 team is not remotely comparable to 2014. Butch would win 10 with the 2012 team. Want to compare like for like, talk to me about 2010 and 2011.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Tennessee will field a better football team than its opponent next week.
    There is no such thing as a feel good loss next week.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Didn't they go up 10-0 in 2012?

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Bullshit. You bring up a coach in his 3rd year that followed a guy who left it better than he found it vs. a guy in his 2nd year that followed a guy who wasn't much worse than getting the death penalty with 22 true freshmen playing and a shitty offensive line, left to him by none other than the dipshit you're supporting. I said Dooley would have lost "this game" actually said that twice, not the one you keep talking about so maybe you can't read.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I'm "supporting" Dooley by saying Butch is following in his footsteps of losing close games?

God help you if your mental state considers losing by 3 in 2014 is better than losing by 7 in 2012. There's no difference. It's the same scenario in a different year with a different head coach.

Jones's future looks brighter, but these kinds of games aren't scripted any differently than Dooley's close games.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yeah cause thugs are only black, right? Thanks for proving you're a racist *******.

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I don't understand the whining. Butch losing games closely isn't better than Dooley losing games closely. Quit trying to excuse it.

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol- Butch wouldve beat UGA by 21 with that 2012 team - this is retarded to compare the two games.

16. Tar Volon

Yep, the talent at their disposal isn't different at all. Exactly the same.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Youth loses close games. That's just how it is. It's not an excuse, it's just a reality. I won't be surprised at all to see us win a close one by the end of the year. The team will look better and better each week.

It's what happens with this type of young team.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Go **** yourself and die. Or be a big sloppy ***** again and not show up for a tailgate.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You are a joke, sir.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's a different God damn team. I don't know why that is so hard for you to figure out. Like someone else said, Butch wins 10 games with that team. They had 2 receivers currently playing in the NFL, a TE in the NFL and a QB that's currently on an NFL roster with a much better offensive line full of guys that are currently in the NFL too. Butch has guys like Josh Malone and Wolfe that may be that good in a year or so but not near the offensive talent Dooley had in 2012 and they gave up 51 points so let's not talk about defense.

If Butch is still losing these close games in 2015 and 2016 then your point is valid.