Time to put away the excuses

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The irony in talking about "whining." Who's doing the [itch bay]ing about the current staff?

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you were still about those moral victories. Hold on, let me update our victory tallies for today:

Actual victories: 0

Moral victories today: 1

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Awesome. It's a different [dadgum] team with the same [dadgum] results.

It's not a "better" loss if you think this year's team is less-talented.

It's really not complicated to understand that idea.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Just quit talking. Your intelligence is obviously equivalent to your ability to properly use the word "irony".

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You: 1
    Straw man: 0

Pat yourself on the back. Good game.

6. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

you are handling this loss like the biggest ***** that ever lived. No offense.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I've seen your type roll in here. Stupid ass avatar, stupid ass name....woooo judgmentvol, going to judge me, do some judging up in here. **** off, with your stupid gimmick.

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

It's a straw man to say that moral victories now aren't any better than moral victories under Dooley?

This entire argument begins with the statement: "Dooley would've lost an 11 point lead by 4 TDs" -- as if that's supposed to be some sort of consolation.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Shh, child. Go buy a dictionary before making an idiot of yourself again.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I know this guy. He's an alter.

11. Tar Volon

Nobody was arguing that we should be happy with today's game. The argument was that we are closer to being good now than we were under Dooley in 2012. So yes, when you attack an argument that nobody was making, we call that a "straw man."

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You should move the period inside the quotation mark if you want to speak on intelligence.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You guys are to much.

GBFO

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That point was addressed by saying close losses aren't "better" when they're lost with worse teams.

15. Tar Volon

Nobody said that. Somebody implied that "things" are better today than they were under Dooley. Several people implied that this game would've been much worse had Dooley been coaching it.

Nobody said this loss was better than the loss with Dooley. Although I am willing to say the coaching performance was significantly better today than it was under Dooley. Because I'm not an idiot.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gah. Knoxville sports talk would have you believe we just won a damn crystal football or whatever the hell they award these days.

Some guy actually called in and said Peyton Manning being at the game just proves everything is heading in the right direction. I was super happy with the direction of the program that time he was in Neyland Stadium for South Carolina's first ever win in Knoxville.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I actually agree with you.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Too

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Love me some Chavis.

GBMFO

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President