Todd Gurley

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Oct 9, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Nick Fairley, Johnny Manziel, etc. Auburn and aTm showed the way: lawyer to the gills and dare the NCAA to come at you.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Depends if the feds want to make an example on their sexual assault campus witch hunt or not

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

A witch hunt suggests there isn't a sexual assault problem. There is, but it is a complex cultural problem that isn't solved by tossing anyone accused out without any physical evidence.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What do you mean by a sexual assault problem? I don't see a lot of evidence it's any worse today than it has been before.

5. NorrisAlan

If there has been a problem forever (for argument sake) and it hasn't gotten any worse since ever, it can still be a problem.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't state with certainty that it is worse, but it is definitely a problem. I would have a talk with a son going to college about being careful in terms of a girl's sobriety and such when first hooking up.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only because you can now be accused of rape even if both of you were shitfaced and she was willing. that doesn't strike me as an assault problem.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can a girl give consent when shitfaced?

9. NorrisAlan

THAT is a crock, I will agree.

10. NorrisAlan

Can the dude?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

passed out? no. drunk? sure why not? why can the guy give consent and she can't?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've had sex with my wife when she was shitfaced. does that mean I raped her?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who inserts rod A into slot B? If drunk girl does, and the guy is stumbling drunk, then he no he can't give consent and yes she sexually assaulted him.

When a Bama fan put his testicles on a passed out LSU fan, we all agreed that was an illegal act (I think).

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

See above

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is an established relationship and established boundaries/privileges there. My girlfriend is unable to rape me. I could be in a coma, or passed out, or whatever and she has free reign to interact sexually with my genitals. Now, do my female friends? No. A girl I met at a party? No. (unless she is hot, then I don't mind)

I'm saying it is common sense that if you don't have a relationship with someone, and they are extremely intoxicated, you shouldn't have sex with them. Am I crazy? Maybe I am.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

interesting theory. what if she says "**** me hard?"

I've already agreed passed out is rape. we are talking about conscious and drunk.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think it's fair to expect a 19 year old to determine how drunk someone is to be able to give consent. in particular, if they are just as drunk. if the woman's impaired enough to have sex with someone they normally wouldn't why cant' the guy be impaired enough to not notice she's too drunk to give consent? I also don't believe that drunk consent isn't consent. Having sex with someone and regretting it later isn't rape. I'm sure we've all done things drunk that we wish we didn't do, but none of us are putting other people in jail because of it.

18. NorrisAlan

I have a good friend that woke up one day next to a woman he didn't know. They had obviously had relations but he had zero memory of it. It destroyed him because he was in a serious relationship with someone he was madly in love with. While sober, he would have never gotten in the sack with that girl, but because he was so intoxicated, his judgment was so impaired, he obviously had sex with her.

Did he give consent or not? I imagine at the time, the drunk him did. But he woke up and was mortified at what had happened without his memory. Could he have claimed she raped him? Could she claim he raped her?

I guess when alcohol and drugs are involved, it is so much of a murkier situation. I agree there are obvious boundaries that intoxication cannot break. If she repeatedly says no, go away, stop, and the dude doesn't, that is obviously rape. If she is conscious and says yes, but is so drunk she is not in her right mind, that is clearly not rape. If she is passed out and never said yes, of course that is rape.

And yes, there is a problem with this on campuses across the USA and has been since colleges were instituted. But I think it has been overblown somewhat.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought it would plain that the kangaroo courts they're setting up would be the reference. I think sexual assault is a serious issue, but this is just another issue of the fake war against women.

20. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Georgia with an important announcement: no news yet on Gurley.