True Detective

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's the only thing that would justify the final scene. Plus, it could be Vaughn inflicting some tough love on a important asset he feels is losing his edge.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Anyone else disappointed with this season?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not really.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yes. I don't really understand what he's trying to accomplish through 4 episodes.

5. MacReady

MacReady New Member

This season is a pretty big disappointment and makes it look like Pizzolatto was carried by McConaughey, Harrelson, and Fukunaga on the first season.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Glad I'm not the only one.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

So, they've given us the best shootout scene since Heat. They are building four characters instead of 1 1/2 from last year. They are doing an urban setting instead of jerkwater delta. Yeah, this season is really awful.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Much better episode. Finally feel like there is a clear direction in the plot.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Felt like it would have been better to start the season here.

10. hatvol96

Not at all. Just like last season, it is a build.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I liked the plot and mystery aspect much more during the build last season. Its not awful, but I just don't find it as interesting. Will definitely finish the season, though.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It was entertaining, at the least.

I'm not sure this is really a plus for me, seeing as the seasons are only eight episodes long.

I definitely disagree that this as a plus. I think the bayou made for a very creepy, compelling setting for the murder mystery.

I don't think it's awful. It does feel like a bit of a let down, although that's largely because last season was so compelling.

13. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I am pretty sure viewing the greatness of last season from the perspective you have now (having finished it) skews your perception of how slow this season is. Last season started out very slowly as well. What episode was the project stick up? End of episode 4? It takes a while to peel back these layers.

14. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Last episode gave me hope that the last few will be aright.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think the first five episodes of last season were a lot better. To be fair, that was some amazing television, and tough for any show to surpass.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Obviously with Fukunaga not being involved it was never going to be as good as last season. I still think it has been very good though. Colin Farrell has been terrific.

17. hatvol96

His performance at the end of the shootout is better than anything the guys last year did. Truth.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Best shootout scene ever?

Pale Rider?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mighty Ducks 2

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I know this kid's move; triple deek, glove side. Anticipate it and you've got it.