Update on a few recruits

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm starting to believe Martin could elevate us to heights unknown.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Memphis is making a strong push to keep Nichols at home. With the commitment of Kuran Iverson today, the staff will shift its focus to Nichols since they are almost done for 2013.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have you had a chance to interact with Martin? I know you rub elbows with the coaching community and are pretty well acquainted with some. You've mentioned before having no interest in being associated with Pearl. Is your relationship with the staff of Tennessee basketball existent now?

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Tennessee extended an offer to '13 Alec Peters today per him and his HS coach.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I've had minimal interaction with Coach Martin. He certainly seems to be a solid individual.

6. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Absolutely. I love UT basketball as well as football. To put it in perspective, Im about 75/25 football. That being said, I am much more excited for basketball than I am football. Sad sad times were in.

I do think Martin can get us to the final four, if not beyond, during his tenure.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Wow. I'm a fan, but need to see a lot more before I can envision a Final Four. Would love to see it though.

8. hatvol96

I'm always amazed at how vastly people underestimate how hard it is to reach a Final Four. Just look at some of the coaches who never made one.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no doubt. Final Four is the standard by which coaches should be measured. It's no small feat, even with strong teams.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I have more faith that a Martin-coached team can reach the Final Four over a Pearl team.

11. hatvol96

I would tend to agree, then I realize using that standard means Dana Kirk is better than Ralph Miller and Steve Fisher is superior to John Chaney.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know this isn't half the interaction you're talking about, but Dooley and Martin both hit a country club golf tournament my Dad was playing in. He chatted for 10-15 minutes with both, and relates that the differences are. . . well, exactly the sort of differences you'd expect. Dooley inches closer to the door and makes you feel like he has better things to do than talk to fans. Martin shows genuine interest in people and appreciates their support.

13. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Oh no I get it. its no small feat. Im just impressed not only with Martin's recruiting, but with how hard his teams play for him.

Now if we could only get that out of a Dooley coached team.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't waste time thinking about how to get it out of a Dooley coached team. Instead, think of how we can get a non-Dooley coached team. The laws of physics can't be broken.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Most definitely to quote Da'Rick.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want a top 15 program that is in the discussion to be a Final Four contender annually. Too much luck in getting there, but I want to be a legit contender on an annual basis.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's all you can ask for imo.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  19. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

I would love to see this as well.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Coach Martin unlike some coaches is not hard to pull for. Guy seems like a legit good dude.