Update on a few recruits

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I'm surprised Memphis took him. I would think they'd be too concerned that he might want to party all the time instead of playing basketball....

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Compared to a program that has had two seasons vacated, one coach go to federal prison with another fired for an affair with a student, and counts among its notable alums such pillars of the community as Andre Turner, William Bedford, and Vincent Askew? Yea, we do.

3. hatvol96

You're certainly half right on that.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

boom

5. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

So we've had some idiots? What's your point? We've also won important games too and have several alums in the NBA.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Apparently austin Nichols has committed to.Memphis according to the Commercial Appeal.

Whoa

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

So is he still only concerned with partying?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Beale St. was the clincher.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol - I wonder if it sticks - sounds like Pastner said something late on his visit which swayed him - is he signing early?

10. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Not a big loss for us since he's obviously only concerned with partying.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

He wouldn't have developed any due to that - similar to Duke Crews.. peaked at the beginning of his freshman year. Likely will end up getting into drugs and kicked out based on his partying background.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I am still concerned and this is shocking. Wonder what happened late.

13. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

He will fit in with the rest of our juvenile dilenquents.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Just goes to show that no one can predict what a high school kid will do. Good luck to him, and hopefully Cuonzo stays on him in case he changes his mind again.

15. hatvol96

I'd say the interaction between UT and Nichols is over.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

You're probably right. I wish the staff would have kept in contact with Schuyler Rimmer, in hindsight. He was a UT take, at one point, I believe. I think he wants to sign early, so I doubt he would still visit at this late of a date..... Hey, at least they could reach out to him. Couldn't hurt.

17. hatvol96

A whole bunch of schools have evaluated Rimmer and decided they can do better. UT is among them. No reason to go backwards.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

D2 Christian Brothers tied with Memphis with 4 mins left in the game....Yeah, that Josh Pastner is taking them to a ship....good luck Nichols...

Edit...pulled away in last min to win by 9

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  19. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Not a great performance and a couple of players lashed out at Pastner about it. Unfortunately, I dont think Pastner will make a big deal about it.

CBU is a tough opponent when they make shots because they are going to run the Princeton offense and take a shot with under 10 secs on the shot clock. They slow the game down and are very well coached. Ranked #2 in D2 last season.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I see they were ranked 17th in the first D2 poll...Congrats on Pastner getting his first top 25 win.