USA vs. Mexica 7:30 ESPN 2

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Aug 15, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think that could probably apply to a lot of sports fans.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Those particular fans are a particularly special breed, though. The run down of shit they've pulled would shame any Philadelphia Eagles fan. OK, well, an Eagles fan would probably wish they had thought of it first. Anyway, if your antics require that your national stadium put in a moat and barbed wire around the field, there's a serious control problem.

At least they weren't chanting "Osama" at us like they did our youth team in 2004.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

FIFA makes the IOC look competent.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Given your attitude towards the NCAA, I always wondered how you would feel about FIFA if you were a big soccer fan. The confederations are probably worse.

I can't pretend to be unbiased, but I have little doubt that Quatar being awarded the World Cup is a result of corruption.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Booing the anthem is certainly insulting, but sadly, there are much bigger issues with racism in Europe.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Savage Orange Jug says up yours.......

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

So VFB sends me a text last night proclaiming the suckiness of the US soccer team. I wasn't home so I DVRed the game and avoided this thread. Sure enough... they win.

FTR, I find this team almost unwatchable without Bradley and Dempsey playing, and Donovan is annoying to no end. I know, I'm supposed to like him, but he drives me crazy.

Big win though... no complaints from me.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  8. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

a soccer thread on a vols forum without tons of bashing of soccer fans...amazing. I like this site already

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Welcome. Post often.

10. JayVols

Welcome.

I love soccer. It produces great FG kickers.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Sure glad we have this thread...

12. JayVols

I'm not a big fan, but why constantly bash those that are? It's pointless.

I'm a perfect example of how to beat anorexia. Too much running involved for guys like me that are preparing for the coming food shortage by storing future energy.

13. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

thanks for the welcomes...looks like a cool forum, from first glance not too much trolling/negativity which is nice. Lot's of different topics being discussed so I look forward to delving in a bit deeper.

don't live in Tennessee so was actually oblivious to the fact that we only have 2 more weeks to kick off....glad I saw the ticker counting down to game time.

cheers

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The 'AA is just clueless and trying to maintain a system that time has passed by. FIFA is just a straight up con job. I bet they set around all night watching The Sopranos and The Wire and pretending they are the characters. The next guy at FIFA with a spine will be the first in my lifeltime.

15. JayVols

We're not a massive site, but you will be hard-pressed to find a more knowledgeable UT board. There's other good ones, but I think our size lends itself to a more comfortable, for lack of a better term, environment.

Stick around and post often. It helps to be able to support your opinions and don't take things too personally. We are all familiar with one another which leads to some rather frank and sometimes tense debates. It's awesome.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The depths of their corruption makes me feel hopelessly naive.

17. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I hate FIFA.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

They got the goal long after I had texted you, but I just hate the style of play by the men's team, especially when Dempsey isn't there. Mexico dominated the match, they just couldn't convert on their chances. Some of that was in part due to Howard and the defense, but Mexico still blew at least two three sure fire goals. It its a fantastic win for the US but I can't stand watching them play.

19. Unimane

Mexico did what they used to do, which was pass themselves silly without much action in front of the net. They didn't get any great chances until after the 80th minute when they decided to go with two strikers. It was Mexico, circa 1995-2009, where they talk about how pretty they play by passing around the middle third of the field, then wonder why they lost to the US. It just confirms to me that the guy that makes Mexico really dangerous is Gio dos Santos, who will attack relentlessly.

20. Unimane

Organizations that have no one to answer to are always dangerous. Mix it in with being the most played and profitable sport in the world, then you have some problems. Awarding a World Cup to Qatar is just an example of them realizing they can do whatever the hell they want.