Vandy Prediction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't know why I believe this - but I think that Tennessee is going to beat the hell out of Vandy.

Like 21+ points or so.

2. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

I hope you are right. I just have a bad feeling feeling about this. I am afraid TN is fixing to hit rock bottom tonight.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Came here to post the same thing. It doesn't make sense, but that's the feeling I have.

4. tankervol

tankervol Member

We should, and hopefully will. It would be hard to stomach a Vandy win.

49-27 Vols

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have been so sick this week, that I can't recall what I predicted the score to be at work this week, but I think it was something like 44-34 Tennessee.

Edit: I realize this is against logic in a lot of ways, but there are a few things that drive my Tennessee prediction.

1. Vandy is favored (although slightly) and bowl eligible. Both of these factors lead to overconfidence. I don't know if this Vandy team is ready and fully prepared to deal with being the favorite in a rivalry game.

2. Vandy's winning record is something of a sham. They had at least one higher quality win by this time last year. This year it's Missouri or Ole Miss as their showcase win.

3. This will be a highly emotional game for Vandy. Does anybody think Dooley's comments haven't been on constant repeat since this week began?

4. Surely there are some players loyal to Dooley who want to see him win on the way out?

There is more, but my head is swimming a bit.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I think the Vols smoke em also and then a close one against KY but end up in a bowl.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

42-31 Vandy.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

If we win tonight, would James Franklin be the only current SEC head coach to play [ddiapos] and never win?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He'll get another chance. The way they schedule games, I am sure Western Carolina, or whatever dreg of a 1-AA school Dooley winds up at, will be available at some point.

10. WM

WM Active Member

R.A Dickey 44
    David Price 31

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'd love to see it.

Tennessee has the better team, but that didn't matter last week. For the second consecutive year, Dooley is 0-6 in SEC games...he's allowed 40+ points from 5 of our last 6 opponents, and 35 is the fewest amount of points we've allowed in an SEC game this year....he's winless, 0-12, against Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina...he's 1-10 on the road in the SEC...he snapped a 26-game winning streak against Kentucky....he personally accounts for 10% of Tennessee's all-time SEC losses.

It's been the worst run in Big Orange history, but Vanderbilt is the one elusive disaster that has escaped the best loser in program history. This is Dooley's swan song.

Vols 35, 'Dores 42

12. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Tennessee 48
    Commodedoors 45

The token missed XP comes into play again.

13. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

that would be sweet!
    But I'll stick with my original prediction
    45 Vols
    42 Vandy
    Triple O.T.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can see Vandy winning, but a loss won't come for them in OT. This Tennessee team is set up to fail in OT. They are too deficient in two of three phases of the game. If this game goes to OT and Tennessee wins, God hates Vandy and James Franklin.

15. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Tennessee - 42
    Vandy - 31

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Palardy FG ftw.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

KBFL

I think the Fightin' Dooley's pull it out in the fourth. We've proven that we can score in bunches, and I don't think Vandy can stop Patterson, Hunter, Bray, and Rivera.

18. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

I agree. I know Vandy will score on our defense. Everyone has. I just don't think they have enough on offense to keep up.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  19. Chestbump

Chestbump New Member

Vols. 45
    Peabody. 31

20. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I really want to beat Candy, but I just don't think Dooley is capable of winning a game.