Vandy Prediction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 17, 2012.

1. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

beam and coke! That's what I'm having !

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's what it takes to get me through a game.

3. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Not looking good for the prediction Tenny. I hope you're right, but that INT may kill us.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Oh sh!t, will there be a goal line stand?

5. possumslayer

lOve the beam! U tried devils cut?

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yup, stay away from the Red Stag. It's no good IMO

7. possumslayer

stag is nasty

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We are on the same page. I'm going to have at least one more Beam and Coke poured in my Quart mason jar. If we pull this one out, maybe two.

9. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Folks - if Franklin had gotten his head out of his ass with offensive play calling they may have been ahead by 14 at half. Gary Pinkel did the same stupid things in the first half, made adjustments and beat us. If Franklin does the same thing we are toast. We have no one that can cover Matthews. Hopefully he stays stupid the whole game.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I haven't seen much in the way of halftime adjustments from Fooley

11. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

27-10 Vandy??????????????????????The dores smell blood. Can we come back?

12. possumslayer

of course ,palardy is a fourth quarter QB.lulz

13. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

It ain't over till it's over. It's over.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Swing and a miss.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The post of a dumbass^^^

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The originator of this thread is a damned fool.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

qft

18. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am reposting my post from half time - not to brag - but to make a point in evaluating good coaches going forward and what they will do.

Franklin overthought it in his game plan. But he also knew it really didn't matter if he was wrong because he knew our D coaches would not play it straight and Chaney would be unwilling to run the ball much of the time to control clock and field position. Franklin played it very conservative to avoid TO's in the first half, and tried to run to keep the clock moving, tire out any pass rush that we may have for the second half, and draw our secondary in to help with the run. He throws only one pass to Matthews in the first half. He knows Dools can't make any adjustments worth anything at half. So in the second half he opens it up. Starts using Matthews with safe passes where he can use his athleticism. Starts wildcatting to eliminate the delay in getting the ball into the RB's hands for short yardage. The D already had figured out Chaney, who was back to the bad Chaney, along with the bad Tyler, and the dumb CP. They throw to Z-Ro once for a TD. Forget him after that. Vandy's D just kept tightening the screws as the game went on.

This is why you shouldn't want to be wide open on O all of the time. You will lose most of your games if you do. The ability to be ball control when you need to and when you are setting up the opponent is crucial. The odds are always highly in favor the team with the least TO's. With Tyler Bray's brain there is very little chance you are going to win the TO battle against good teams.

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Nah - just not yet fully adjusted to the new normal that is Tennessee football. I had them winning 9 or 10 games preseason. We all want to believe any halfway intelligent coach would learn from his mistakes. But that can't happen with Dools.