VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We might have something in Pruitt, then.

Volgrad98 and JayVols like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Criticize how? What did he do wrong, get dirty and roughed up while engaging a football practice? I'm unable to fill in the gaps here to guess what she's saying.

A man who coaches young men to play a contact sport, receives some contact? Whoopty do.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm imagining Pruitt squared up and whipped Richmond's ass in a pass rushing drill, but hit his head on Richmond's facemask after head butting him and calling him a soft [ussy pay]

JayVols likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I had a coach mixing it up in drills with no helmet, I'd be pretty fired up.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kelly Zeigler was one of my high school coaches, he played at Tennessee, was on the Sugar Vols team. He was demonstrating how to rip through a block, wound up bleeding because of inadvertent contact with a helmet.

He never acknowledged it and he put the fear of God into a bunch of high school kids that thought we were badasses.

JayVols likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And he was probably saving face and thinking he was dumb ass, haha. Ya, I would be ready to run though a wall for a coach ready to bleed in practice. How can you slack off in practice? How can you ever question whether he really cares? You can't. Criticizing that this happened is a really stupid knee jerk response. Maybe praising it is too, but I'll err on the side of awesome.

JayVols likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He would also chase us down and pass us while conditioning. We would be throwing up, he would be barely out of breath.

Yeah, there's nothing to criticize. I get people want their 3 minute senseless interview after practice, but every coach, sans Spurrier, Orgeron and Leach, say the exact same thing every time a microphone is in their face

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My position that I don’t give a damn if the man ever talks to anyone beyond recruits and to those inside the program, remains both unchanged and unmoved.

I couldn’t possibly care any less if he never does another presser, again.

JayVols, justingroves and IP like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. If he does, gravy. All I care about is the program running properly in all facets.

JayVols and justingroves like this.
  10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

VolDad and IP like this.
  11. JayVols

Volgrad98 likes this.
  12. JayVols

I know that feeling all too well. I'm definitely no Kelly Ziegler though.

13. JayVols

I have no idea what happened here.

14. JayVols

Long story short, I broke several of my coach's ribs as an 8 year-old at the Kingsport Boys Club when he fussed at me for not coming up hard from DE to tackle him when he wasnxtvwearing pads. He pissed me off, I came up hard, form tackled him with my shoulder pads in his ribs & drove him into the ground. It broke/cracked multiple ribs, 5 if I recall correctly.

Lessons to learn:
    1. Don't be a tough guy coach when not wearing pads.
    2. Don't piss off/underestimate an excitable 8 year-old farm boy who is used to working hard who also had/has a nasty streak in him on the football field (despite his laid-back respectful demeanor off the field) that's about 5 miles wide.

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well put

JayVols likes this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Had a similar coach. Was in his 60's and would do full body circuit workouts a few days a week after school. Would rep 225 on bench weighing no more than 170.

Ran the drills better than anybody on the team.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. Had one that got pissed at DL, told OL to come at him. Chose the dumbest OL on the team, who lowered his helmet and tagged the coach, sending him backwards. Coach then gets up, grabs a ball and hits the kid in the nuts, and he goes down. Still picture it all right on front of me.

18. JayVols

I thought it was an entertaining post that had the benefit of being 100% true.

Don't know what happened, but the post showed up like 4 times. In my efforts to clean that up, I deleted every one of them, and it was too long (like most of my tripe) to redo it all. I was in a zone and any attempt to try to recreate the magic would fall pitifully short of the original. So, I did a Cliff Notes version. Even it was pretty long....

You can take the man out of the Baptist church, but you can't take the Baptists' penchant for being loquacious out of the man, it seems.

19. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

We had an assistant coach when I was in HS who was older than dirt (probably in his late 70s, early 80s). I threw the ball back towards the huddle one day in practice and drilled him in the noggin. Thought I killed him. Ball actually broke skin (old and all). I did all I could to not laugh my ass off.

JayVols likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hell, Orgeron might be, too, we just can’t understand it