Vols football record

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Rebel21, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Over

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Right now probably Mississippi State. But would you really be that shocked to beat Florida and split with Georgia and South Carolina? South Carolina especially just doesn't scare me at all.

I think we'll know all we need to know after the first three games. If we're 3-0, Dooley stays and we have a fighting chance at 10 wins. If we're 2-1 or 1-2, we can pull out the list of replacements

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

9 wins should be required if Dooley wants to keep his job.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I waffle back and forth on whether 9 is absolutely required, but I will say that if he only wins 8, one of them damn well better be a rival (we can include Georgia in this group for these purposes)

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I see them winning to 7 to 9. 9 if Dooley wants to regain my faith that he perhaps has a chance to get it done.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bray, Hunter and Da'Rick give Tennessee a puncher's chance against anyone on the schedule.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Probably not Alabama.

8. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Getting hired as the head football coach at Tennessee. The second biggest win was in 2008 over Miss State.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But will Bray return to his old form? Will Hunter recover and then stay healthy? Will Rogers keep his shit together for the season?

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

stfu troll

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

sorry, gbo, vb, vfl.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like we might as well hired leach, at least he has proven to be a master at running the spread.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well played

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

6-6 and hit the bricks. Guess I've always been an optimist.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

None of you are true fans. 14-0

I think whether 8 or 9 wins keeps him employed in his current position depends who might be out there available and how interested someone of that group may be.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sure they will.

Bama is replacing two first rounders in the back four

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

And 2 first rounders in the LB group.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I will be pleasantly surprised with any more than 7 wins this season. We will probably only win 6 though sure to our head coaching handicap

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I still think Dooley is probably kept with a 8 win season. I think there are also a couple of caveats to this. First is how much Kirby Smart is pursued as a head coach this year and how much Hart truly wants him. Second is who the 4 losses are to and how we look in said loses.

I also think there's lots of things in play for how well we do.

First, does Tyler Bray give a damn or not? Rumblings seem to indicate he still doesn't.

Second, is Hunter the same player he was pre-injury or does he play cautious to not get hurt again.

Third, Is Da'rick going to be a distraction, or can they keep him under control.

Finally, how do they adjust to the 3-4? And that's probably the biggest wild card.

Pretty much every person that has seen the team says this is the first time the team has passed the eyeball test in quite a while. Given every break in the world (which, by the way, we are well past due for), the talent is there to win 9-10. But, I still don't know.

If you stuck a gun to my head, I'd say 8-4 with a victory over Florida and an embarrassing loss. If that loss is Vandy or Kentucky, then Dooley is gone.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If I had to bet on it, I'd say this year's Florida game will be a nail-biting loss that goes in the "should have won if not for bad luck" category with UNC and LSU from 2010. After that, it's downhill highlighted by massacres against UGA and Bama.