Vols/Rebs Round 2

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think the defense is anything spectacular. The low scoring has as much to do with the fact that we walk the ball up nearly every chance we can and slow down the game as much as possible.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Recruiting did not improve throughout Dooley's tenure at all.

3. Unimane

Year 3 was his most talented team, regardless, and he still blew in the same manner in which he did year 1 and 2.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

To be fair when Henderson was going off McRae was on him.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Martin hasn't blown anything. Year 1 far exceeded expectations and there's been a year 2 dropoff. You are way off base

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And McRae's a shoddy defender, only trying in spurts.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is still considerable cause for concern on the coaching, player development and recruiting fronts.

8. Unimane

Year 1 was a .500 team with an NIT loss to MTSU. It was ok. Dooley's best year was his first, too, except, at least Martin was capable of delivering a couple of upsets, unlike Dooley was against LSU or UNC.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm not quitting on Martin yet. That said, I'm hoping Scott Skiles has burned all of his bridges in the NBA.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Martin probably would have won SEC coach of the year last year if not for Kentucky going 16-0.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You really trust Dave Hart to make a good hire?

12. hatvol96

Blind Pig-Acorn Theory.

13. Unimane

More of an indictment of the SEC, to me. We sucked in the non-conference and got bounced in the NIT by our mid-state little sister, so I'm not too high on the conference last year.

Still, I haven't gone full Dooley, yet, and quit on Martin. When I, literally, don't give a shit about winning or losing, then I've quit. I was still pissed at the end game tonight.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Anyone see the douchebag's post game comments? Said something like "We would beat Tennessee 10 out of 10 times. We're just better."

Someone needs to kick that little punks ass. Needs some humble pie. Almost lost at home to a shitty team that turned the ball over 21 times.

15. hatvol96

MTSU clocked Ole Miss earlier this year. They are better than most of the SEC.

16. hatvol96

Why does telling the truth make you a douchebag?

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Other than the fact that its not true - show some class unless he truly is the white trash he comes off as then he should carry on I suppose. They squeaked out a win at home when we had 21 turnovers and missed our last 4 free throws. Pitbull + Marshall was the epitome of douchebaggery. I can't believe they were playing that shit.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The home game was an aberration. I'd call it 7-3 or maybe 6-4 if we played 5 home and away.

19. hatvol96

What's not classy about telling it like it is? They've beaten UT twice in four weeks. They're undefeated and in the Top 25. Tennessee is 1-4 in the league and probably now outside the Top 100 in the RPI. Anyone who debates that they're "just better" is a [dadgum] idiot.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So you honestly think they would beat UT 10/10 times and that Marshall isn't the ultimate douche? And Ole Miss isn't close to being a legitimate top 25 team if we're being honest.

I'm failing to see what's classy about talking shit in a post game interview rather than going the route 99% of young men do and try to stay humble and respectful.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013