Vols vs. Tide

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How many ****ing layups can you miss?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gutless performance

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Kind of wish they wouldn't give the double bye to shitty teams.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Jordan had a terrrible game and outside of Richardson having a decent game no one else stepped up.

Bama played like they have to win the tournament, UT was flat.

In the end UT should still make the field. But they have left the door open to get screwed.

5. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

This team's fate is now up to others. There is no room to complain if they are left out. Honestly, I think they should be out.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Honestly, with everything that we did wrong, I have no idea how it was ever close, besides Bama sucking in general.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think we should be in. The problem is we just lost to a team that now has a good case to take our place.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Welcome to UT hoops in March.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yeah. That's a problem. I thought UT was a lock with a win today. smh....

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't even want to know how bad it would have been without Richardson. He played his tail off

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The team took the identity of their coach today, not a worry in the world, oblivious as to what's at stake.

12. I don't see any reason that UT should expect to make the tourney ahead of Bama. They have a better conference record than us and beat us when everything was on the line.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bama's tournament resume is pretty bad. If they lose tomorrow, they shouldn't get in over us.

14. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

But someone else might get in over both teams...

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Right, and the Vols definitely left that door wide open. Hopefully we get some (more) breaks.

16. Swiftpacegal

Swiftpacegal Member

I have a feeling no dance for us, freakin sucks!!

17. I wouldn't find it all that objectionable if neither team winds up in the field of 68. In the grand scheme of things, both teams are very mediocre. Odds are, for as shitty as the SEC is this year, neither is likely to hold up very well against quality competition. After today I just don't see how you can include UT in the field of 68 and send Bama to the NIT.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bama had the bye, I wouldn't weigh the win that highly in their favor. Still doesn't excuse the performance for Tennessee, if that makes sense.

Most of the teams in the bubble conversation fit the mediocre description on the whole, especially since the field expanded a few years back.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Looking at the whole picture from start to finish I would disagree.

20. I just don't understand the notion of trying to weigh two teams who are almost equally worth (or unworthy) of a tournament bid basically by what the did months ago when the two played head to head just 3 days before Selection Sunday. That seems like a pretty fair judge of which team is better at this point. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but even if we get in I'd be beyond shocked if this team is still playing next weekend.