Vols vs. Tide

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bama's double bye tho

2. True, but the only reason they had a double bye is because the earned it by be better than UT in conference play. It's not like they drew that position at random.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Matchups are key in basketball. We have a much better chance of advancing in the NCAAT than Bama does. We may not play well against their style of play but we're the better team overall.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Bama had the easiest schedule of anyone in the SEC this season. And they only finished 1 game up on us.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I don't think it was a "play in game" as many talked leading up anyway. To me thats nothing more game propping talk. I think UT has done enough to get in and Bama needs 1 more good win tomorrow.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

They also beat UT two out of three times and their loss came down to the last second.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

It's been said many times over that teams are not weighed head-to-head. It's the overall resume that carries much more weight.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And, frankly, bama's still sucks

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Truth. At this point, all we can do is root against bama and ole miss and hope like hell they like ours better than uva and la salle.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UVa has to be out now. 7 sub 100 losses

11. This is probably true, but I would say given that either team will be a double digit seed, there's little to no chance either team wins a game in the tourney. I won't surprised if no SEC teams make it past the first weekend this year. The conference was truly awful this season.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Mizzou and Florida could go either way I think. Both certainly are talented enough to make deep runs, but Florida is eternally soft since Horford and Noah and Mizzou is poorly coached.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Very, very, very disappointing game and effort today. Geez.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

just garbage

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol first Lunardi moved us to the first team out now has us behind Bama as the 3rd team out.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We may very well not be in, but Lunardi has just been all over the place

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Hopefully lunardi has no impact on the committee. His rankings get so much publicity.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Still can't believes how many damn 3's we jacked up and how many easy layups we missed because we were scared of our shot getting blocked.

19. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

can't believe we don't leave it all on the court with this much at stake. Played scared all day. Trae didn't want the ball. I was sitting right there and you could see it in his eyes late in the first half. He came out the 2nd half and looked the same.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Don't like what that guy that is big on the NCAAT just said when describing what the committee is doing right now and what they're going through. He mentioned our game versus bama and that they are taking that into account as well as a couple of other bubble team games.