"VOLympics"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Feb 12, 2013.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

James Stone and Tiny. Jackson could be good. Then he signed zero.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got the impression that Dooley doesn't/didn't know how to build and maintain a roster.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Prolly a combination of didnt know and wasnt able anyway.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kerbyson could be a solid tackle. Tiny, Stone and Jackson will play on Sundays imo

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tiny might be a top 5 pick, yeah?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He stonewalls clowney again, yes

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Based off this past year, there was a healthy dose of I don't give a shit sprinkled in there too.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It doesn't help when you think you're better than the people that you're trying to build relationships with either.

9. JayVols

The more I saw Clowney, the more impressive that performance was. I haven't seen a guy with Clowney's quickness and explosiveness....well ever at this level. Tiny shut that down. It's not as sexy as throwing for 600 or 5 TDs or rushing for 200+ yds, but what he did against Clowney that night should rank up there as one of the most amazing performaces by a Vol. Not to sound aloof, but unless you have been there in some form or another, it might be near impossible to appreciate what he did that night. It's a crying shame that too many folks will remember that last play moreso than the total performance. It sucks that it happened, but it ddoesn't diminish his play that night one bit for me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. JayVols

For sure. Look what the "Let them eat cake" attitude did for Marie Antoinette when she had to step down from her awesomeness to mingle with the little people. They both got the ax. I would say deservedly so. Dooley's should have come much much sooner though.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, I remember this board's reaction to his performance being that it shouldn't have come down to Tiny having a perfect game against Clowney. He as an individual played more than good enough to win, it was just circumstance that put the spotlight on him on that crucial play.

12. JayVols

I totally agree about the 8th's reaction. I was speaking more to what I've seen and heard elsewhere.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Those that blame Tiny have no idea what the **** they're talking about. The biggest question mark on tiny was how he handled speed rushers. He answered those in that game

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He absolutely manhandled Clowney for most of the game and did a better job than just about anyone in the SEC

15. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I can see how it would be a bit awkward for a well educated man to kiss the asses of egotistical backwoods high school coaches. It has to be done though. I can sympathize with him on that one. Dooley should have never been a head coach at the SEC level.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He and Cyrus Kouandjio are probably the top two tackles in the country