"VOLympics"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Feb 12, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The use of instant replay started their decline.

2. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Actually, I think all of this team building effort is Hart's idea.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hate it more now.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Making a decent hire would have been a better team building effort.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jones had similar programs at CMU and Cincinnati.

6. Jim Harbaugh says a chant with his team that his father used to make his kids say at the dinner table. "Who's got it better than us? NOBODY!" Yeah, not corny at all.

OH MY GOD WHY DOESN'T HE FOCUS ON COARCHIN'!

Butch Jones is proven to be good at what matters in college athletics, winning.

7. JayVols

Oh noes! They've found us......

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if harbaugh didn't win he'd be considered one of the all time jack asses in sports.

9. hatvol96

Does he keep score during these chants? Are players disciplined if they don't yell loudly enough?

10. hatvol96

Tennessee will soon have a program similar in relevance and personnel to Central Michigan and Cincinnati.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He has yet to prove he can recruit and coach his own recruits to championships. He's not following a well stocked team (compared to his competition) as he did with Kelly.

He basically has to figure out a way to beat some of the teams in the top third of the conference with less talent before he can recruit with em. Its obvious by his first class that his name and staff are not gonna pull guys based off reputation alone.

To sum it up its gonna take elite coaching to survive this conference. He didn't walk in with it.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'm really failing to see the big deal here. It seems silly and may prove to be a worthless exercise in the end but I highly doubt he and staff are spending an inordinate amount of time constructing and organizing this.

13. GahLee

Mark Richt has survived and he certainly isn't elite.

14. GahLee

Highly doubtful.

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

It matters not what any of us think about what Jones is doing or how he is doing it. Hart and Cheek made sure of that. So all he is doing is what he has always done.

He will get to do that for 4-5 years if he has one winning season in the first 3 IMO. They are changing the total nature of the program IMO. Watch the types of the recruits that sign in the coming years. Expect winning at a good, not exceptional, level to be acceptable with the UTAD along with a higher grad rate, less off field incidents, and more recruits from TN and the region. Doubt it will ever perform to Stanford's level with all of it, but certainly along that path. This is a major brand change. Again, JMO, TIFWIW.

16. hatvol96

True. Eastern Michigan and Connecticut are probably more like it.

17. JayVols

I'm stoked, Butches!

18. GahLee

UT has done a solid job recruiting considering the circumstances the last few years. Just using recruiting services and their rankings, look what doofus brought in. Even if Butch is a .500 coach his entire tenure, UT will still have solid talent, talent far beyond the schools you mentioned.

19. JayVols

I think Jones will be a better coach than Dools. But, I would say that for just about anyone simply by default. It may be semantics, but I don't exactly agree with the solid talent assessment. I would be more inclined to say ok or average talent when taking the level of talent in the SEC into account. That will land you consistently in the bottom half possibly bottom one-third of the conference. With our conference rankings, a strong argument can be made for the talent level being poor. That's all that matters really when talking talent levels: How do we stack up against our conference foes? I would say the answer to that is nowhere near where we need to be to really be relevant. It sucks, but that's my brutally honest non-homer answer with all emotion of the situation as possible removed.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Doofus brought in some damn good O-Linemen