Walter Palmer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Jul 29, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Without his weapons, jeep, and guide, he's dead and some animals probably have indigestion.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Sux for the (strickened) animals

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'd actually hate this shithead less if he told everyone to suck it. The only thing less valuable than phony contrition is the special class of douchebag who practices the art.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's trying to play an "honorable sportsman" card that is so pathetically transparent in the context of paying 50k for two guys to lure in a lion and for you and then shoot it with an arrow and then fail to finish it off for 40 hours. Just for a damn trophy.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you kill an animal with a tracking collar, report it. Say he is honorable, he's a good guy who was misled by a guide service, you killed an animal with a tracking collar and tried to dispose of it.

That's chicken shit

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's a douche, by the way. I don't think he's a "sportsman" at all

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree. From what I've read of his (overall) actions, he's no sportsman. Hunter may be a reach.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

What -- in general -- does the hunting community think about these high-priced big game kills that seem to be:"if you pay the money, we'll get you a trophy" so to speak. I'm not talking about heading out West for a couple grand... but these big money hunts where you end up with a zebra on the wall?

And not poaching like this guy. But legal, just very expensive hunts.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you want to spend it, so be it. I'm not going to ever want to do it and I don't think it's very sporting.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Actually, many of those hunts are good, because it thins out the herd or is used to weed out specific members that are showing problems that will hurt the long term health of a very small population.

I wouldn't do it. But some of these hunts also raise a lot of money to help the surviving animals.

Poaching, on the other hand, that is an awful thing. I don't understand the mentality of trophy hunting, either, not to mention the quack medicinal uses of these animal parts (rhino horns, for instance).

12. punkcat

punkcat Member

Every animal I kill and eat is a trophy. On many of the hunts in Africa, the meat is given to a local village.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like shooting deer with big antlers

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

High fence hunts? I'm mixed on this. I want to hunt every weekend, but I work 60-70 hours a week and I have two young girls. I can see paying money to go to a place and being guaranteed to kill an animal, because I don't have the time or money to invest in what you need to be successful in a lease. Then again, it doesn't feel like hunting to me. Why don't you guy all chip in a buy me one of these hunts and I'll let you know how it goes.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I like shooting tasty animals

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I like so stay asleep and friends go hunting and give me their spoils.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's a decent plan. South Florida doesn't have the venison floating around like Tennessee.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got zero qualms with hunting.

Got many qualms about getting up early and freezing to do so.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yep, and archery season is hot as balls.