Welcome, Austin Thomas!! We hope you enjoyed your visit!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 13, 2017.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Rush Probst ? Is that the name everyone is hearing that’s getting this job ?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A giant POS.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Probst over Thomas. Haha. Yeah baby. Go Vols.

Doesn’t that also mean we couldn’t recruit the player we are after that plays for him?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Depends on his position. Not a good idea

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Looks like we aren’t going to make recruiting the mid State high priority. Because word is Austin Thomas could have wreaked havoc in that area and this Probst Guys specialty is north Alabama.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m not sure how you could not have the mid state high in your strategy. It’s your state and a growing area of talent.

This was just a very odd situation.

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Rush Propst is only being considered for an on field coaching position

justingroves likes this.
  8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Propst is one of the top high school coaches in the country. His ties are in Alabama and Georgia. He’s shady but would help out the offensive staff and organization of practice

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Twitter people saying he’s the guy taking the bulk of Thomas’ job.

10. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Not a chance they hire him for anything other than a coach with JJ Peterson likely to be a Vol.

I shouldn’t say there’s no chance but color me skeptical

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Propst is hired as anything other than an on the field coach, they can't recruit JJ Peterson

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If we need to hire a HS coach to help run a smooth practice then we're screwed. I don't care how great he is.

InVolNerable, dtmvol and **TDCVOL** like this.
  13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Propst is the real deal when it comes to coaching and development. His practices are as efficient as any at any level

14. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Of course

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

When tennessee was good we recruited Ga hard.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That’s true but right now the in state talent is better than it was back then. Especially mid state talent.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Also the Carolinas. Harder to do that with Clemson being so good lately, though.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not impossible to fare well in the midstate without him, but having him would have made it a lot easier

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have seen those worried that Phil would be too influential over Pruitt.... could this have been Pruitt pushing back on a Phil guy who wanted a lot of executive control?

20. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Thomas is currently unemployed and he’s not going to get a GM role anywhere in college other than for Orgeron. He either needs to go to the NFL level or take a recruiting/director of player personnel role in college. The word is he wants way too much control