We're Back

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 31, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It wasn't just football, Dave Hart hired a basketball coach under an active NCAA investigation. He fell ass backwards into Barnes

InVolNerable and warhammer like this.
  2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

We were a cluster [uck fay] at goat rodeo.

justingroves likes this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well speaking of goat rodeos, Rodeo Goat is a pretty good burger stop. Ate at one in Dallas

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Athletic mock draft has Hooker going 23rd to the Vikings (which is gonna cause all kinds of issues internally in that happens). Here's a coach's thoughts that played him, Richardson, and the GOATEST OF THE GOATS last year -

-----

“Big Hendon fan. He was the smartest of the three QBs we saw (Richardson, Levis and Hooker). I like his decision-making and he has a really quick release. That system really fit him. I thought he was a Donovan McNabb-type. Obviously, he got that ACL (injury). I think he’s really underrated. I think Hendon’s arm might be better than Levis’.”

-----

General consensus seems to be he's got all the tools, he's just going to need an adjustment period because Heupel's offense is only going to see limited coverages. And that is fair.

Poppa T likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If my multi million dollar job was on the line I would pick Hooker over Levis or Richardson and sleep easy at night

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hendon threw 435 passes here and five of those were intercepted. That's impressive, scheme be damned.

He stays in the pocket a little too long trying to make plays but Heupel's offense didn't always have safe check downs, so that went hand in hand.

I do not understand how Will Levis is talked about like a future NFL starter. He sucks.

Richardson has the tools, he doesn't need to be thrown into a starting role. If he's able to sit and learn, he can be good. The hype is understandable around him.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Read where NFL guys have been picking Heups brain to try to incorporate some of his system and plays. Nfl needs some new stuff. Everybody pretty much runs the same offenses and defenses.

Poppa T likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Joe Milton has the year he's capable of, Tennessee is going to put back to back first round qbs in the draft with highly rated guys on campus ready to take their place.

That bodes well for the future here

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pressure the safeties, that's what Heupel's offense boils down to

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would go hooker, then Richardson, then trade for future picks because levis is a bust and there is nothing requiring me to be the one who takes that hit.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I actually think the Vikings would be a pretty good fit for him. I think he could take that job from Cousins.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The first Chiefs TD in the Super Bowl was right out of our playbook

Poppa T, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interesting that arguably the best offensive mind in the NFL would see the value in it first.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s probably chicken or egg a little bit but whenever people try to call the offense “gimmicky” it’s really just tried & true stuff with the pace thrown in

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The Goat Rodeo Sessions is also a great bluegrass, classical, jazz like fusion album is you're into that kind of thing.

17. Ssmiff

instead of reading the defense and throwing to a spot, seems we lineup, see our best matchup or shift to one, and read the safety as to throw under him or run past him. Makes sense.
    I’m trying to remember the first KC TD. Was it slot and wr on one side with a scissor type route and wr just ran by his guy like Hyatt did all year?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

stack, one guy went inside and Kelce went outside

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's not so much as tried and true stuff as using what the game gives you to your advantage. It's what Andy has always done and Heupel is doing. They are spreading people out and using every inch of the playing field to help create mis matches, they are speeding the game up to wear out defenses and eliminate substitutions, they are using positions like TE in ways most people never have..etc. They are taking what is given to them and exploiting it as much as possible. You can't be afraid of change if you want to play for a guy like Andy Reid. I love it.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Heup is a guru. Son of a coach. Humble. Balled out in college. Sees the game from a qb and player view. Bet he never lost a backyard football game.
    He made Saban look like an amateur with what he did with Hyatt. And Tillman the year prior.
    For the first time maybe ever?, we have the X’s and O’s advantage, on offense at least. I still need defense to impress me in coverage. We had so many injuries last year and players moving around to fill spots, I’m giving a little pass. But if I see Hadden out there again on 3rd down giving an easy throw to the sticks, making a tackle then talking shit, I’ll be ready for a new DC and DB coach.